Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Visit

ABZ911

Just picked the car up from the local OPC, it was in being fixed due to a coolant leak. Turns out 'a hose was rubbing on the bodywork and this eventually wore through the hose" which I found a little surprising as there can't be that much vibrating in the engine bay can there?

Nevertheless, the car is back on the road, no thanks to Warranty Wise who washed their hands of the repair despite the car having Gold Cover (which the car came with when I purchased it) as although they cover the radiators and wear and tear of parts and labour, they don't seem to cover hoses. Hmmm. Funny that. Fills me with no confidence should I ever have to use them again for anything more serious.

For those interested in the repair the damage was £270, price breakdown roughly (don't have the receipts to hand) £150 labour, £40 coolant and parts/hoses/clips must be around £80.

Anyway, still none of that is why I post. As I said, the car is back on the road and there is no longer a drip-drip-drip of coolant overnight so everything is rosie....... Except! I picked it up and they hadn't even run a hose over it to give it a quick wash. For some reason I thought they would have at least given it a quick once over after it came out the workshop.

I expected to turn up to see my pride and joy baking in the midday sun, all sparkly and fixed but alas no. It looked exactly like how I had left it a few days before. In need of a good scrub! Largely due to the fact I knew it was going into a workshop I may add.

Is this not the done thing?

Am I expecting a little too much to have a quick valet thrown into the deal?

Count yourself lucky. I have to leave strict instructions NOT to clean my car (on pain of death). Last thing I want is somebody "valeting" my car with dirty, gritty water and wrecking the clearcoat :wack: :D

rottenbend said:
Count yourself lucky. I have to leave strict instructions NOT to clean my car (on pain of death). Last thing I want is somebody "valeting" my car with dirty, gritty water and wrecking the clearcoat :wack: :D

.............and charging OPC hourly rates for the privilege. :nooo:

rottenbend said:

+1

ALWAYS, ALWAYS leave instructions for them NOT to clean your car. They'll give it to a scrote who will do exactly that!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back