Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Massive mechanical failure. Not a good day...

bloomin heck just read the thread from the start and was well chuffed you got sorted. just got my 997, luckily with an opc. glad i have, your dealer is awesome.By the way 911 virgin are top boys too !!!

I think praise is due to the supplying trader (with nearly 10,000 views, good for them too!)

...Time to name the trader who did the right thing?

:thumb:

c.afsar said:
I think praise is due to the supplying trader (with nearly 10,000 views, good for them too!)

...Time to name the trader who did the right thing?

:thumb:

As soon as I have picked the car up, had it checked by JZM and am happy, I'll be doing whatever the opposite of a 'name and shame' is.

:wink:

jfb1977 said:
As soon as I have picked the car up, had it checked by JZM and am happy, I'll be doing whatever the opposite of a 'name and shame' is.
:wink:

Denominate and praise?

I was deperately trying to think of something that rhymed...

Expose as pros?

Uncover and show love fer?

I'll get my coat... :oops:

Ocean Blue said:
Can you give the dealer credit yet?

Not just yet. They called yesterday. The engine has been delivered from Porsche in Germany. Brand spanking new with all new ancillaries (have to admit I don't know what they're referring to when they say that).

One of the guys at JZM said that often now is the time to fit a new clutch whilst the engine is out (comes in at around £500 rather than 4 figures due to saved labour costs) so I've asked them to go ahead and do that as well.

If all goes to plan then by next weekend I'll have my car back but with a new engine, new clutch, newly painted front end (no stone chips) and re-coloured and treated leather. :worship:

To say I'm a little excited is an understatement!!

As soon as I've got the car back and inspected I'll say a massive public thank you to the dealer. :thumb:

New ancilliaries means you get new alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump and I expect throttle body too, it could even have the engine wiring loom installed, just the same as an engine would be presented to the production line for installation in a new car. It is almost a suprise that they don't come with a new clutch too.

neil_c said:
New ancilliaries means you get new alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump and I expect throttle body too, it could even have the engine wiring loom installed, just the same as an engine would be presented to the production line for installation in a new car. It is almost a suprise that they don't come with a new clutch too.
Maybe because they come without a flywheel so that they can be matched up with a manual or Tip box? :dont know:

neil_c said:

i assume the old motor is yours.

If so you'll get a few bob back for the bits and bobs if you can be bothered to break it.

Aren't replacement engines for 997's supplied on an exchange basis ?

JFB, I'm glad you have made satisfactory progress on this!! Well done.

Woo hoo :thumbs: great story, great outcome. Well done JFB.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back