Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC in London. Around Zone 3

rajkumar911 said:
steering rack leaking (not used a drop of oil in one year so not sure what they mean)

Do you check the steering rack oil?

I've checked the level of the tartan paint, topped up the indicator fluid, re-greased the radio (snake oil if possible), put the bubbles in the spirit level, realinged the copper magnets (metric adjustable wrench required) , adjusted the learning curve (using left-handed screwdriver), just need to re-attach the sky-hooks and I'm all set for Waddesdon 2011.

:thumbs:

Ocean Blue said:
If if wasn't for GT4 pointing out who the dealer was

PS - "Cheese Farm" in old English is ...

tbrown said:
rajkumar911 said:
steering rack leaking (not used a drop of oil in one year so not sure what they mean)

the hydraulic oil? Thats the one I checked in engine bay with dipstick that has hot and cold markers.

Do I need to look elsewhere?

rajkumar911 said:
tbrown said:
rajkumar911 said:

the hydraulic oil? Thats the one I checked in engine bay with dipstick that has hot and cold markers.

Do I need to look elsewhere?

You have a PM....
:thumb:

Ocean Blue said:
rajkumar911,
If if wasn't for GT4 pointing out who the dealer was, I would say you where part of a Paul Whitehouse / Harry Enfield wind up. I'm so sorry but Side indicators losing their 'orangeness' had me howling. I really am suprised you didn't see things like:

Glove compartment sounds like midget with Hammer.
Removed hammer off midget £80
Midget given a good talking to £120

Scratch on Windscreen
Taped Windscreen £200

You need to tell them badly rajkumar.

'Cylinder 2 missing' - Checked engine and cylinder found - £100

Air in all tyres found to be dangerously heavy and stale.
Same replaced with nitrogen. £150 (£50 per tyre)

.....hang on, sorry, they actually do that don't they.

adrian996 said:

From what you say, I doubt that they'd make the mistake of only charging for three tyres. :dont know:

Cheese farm "lost" my service book when I had a boxterS and then wanted to charge for a new one !

Eventually got a new blank book and I had to do the running around the other OPC's to get it stamped up and restore the record. Several thought it was highly suspicious !

Surely Porsche Uk have a minimum standard to protect the brand. Some of the stories above would be very funny if not true.

Still the Internet and forums such as this mean we can all have informed choice. And "rogue traders" will be exposed :grin:

Red993C4 said:
adrian996 said:

From what you say, I doubt that they'd make the mistake of only charging for three tyres. :dont know:

I think irony might have just died - or at least is extremely unwell.

Adrian. I thought exactly the same :floor:

adrian996 said:
I think irony might have just died - or at least is extremely unwell.

You need to get it stripped and re-galvanised.

OPC: £1,425 + VAT

or do it yourself with some 400 grit, some Kurust and a touch-up pen :thumb:

KURUST%3BWarehouse%3BWarehouse.jpg

£28 to adjust washer nozzles ? WTF ? :eek: I'm surprised they didn't charge extra for damaging the undertray and spilling fluid on the paintwork.

Seriously, this is going to get worse as new car sales crash. Our local OPC laid off 40 staff recently (50% of it's workforce). They've got to keep the cash rolling in somehow.

400 pieces of grit found in wheel arch area. Removal and making good: £30 + VAT (10p per piece of grit).

Leave it........! :thumb:

Attachments

• wheel_brushpng_194.jpeg
    wheel_brushpng_194.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 2,052

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back