Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Multi coloured 930 Turbo

Porsche News

Located in the USA, pictures below :eek: :eek:

http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=2539

Proudly presented by its builder/owner-I am a 35 year PCA veteran with over 40 years Porsche experience and a graduate automotive engineer/master technician, ex-works. This project spanned more than a decade- its evolution was a showcase of my technical talents, my obsessive attention to detail, my boundless fanatical PASSION for the Porsche marque and a source of both personal and professional pride. This 911 and numerous past and current in-house projects were featured in Porsche Panorama, The New York Times, Autoweek, and European Car magazine.

My search for the specific model year, one owner- "virgin" (no corrosion-no shunts) 911, to glean the desired "base tub", spanned 2 years. A specific model year (VIN# range) was sought for this project's- target weight, required technical features, emission exemption, and superior galvanized steel corrosion protection. The 911 was completely disassembled- most all of the parts (except for the doors and sunroof) were dispersed to other PCA member's projects.

The suspension pick-up points were modified to RSR specs.

The close ratio gearbox was custom spec. built. Features- custom gear sets, Quaiff differential, OEM Porsche RSR oil spray system w/integral pump, an external cooler w/stainless aircraft hoses and fittings -located in the left rear fender vent.

The 3.4 Ltr. 330hp, twin plug, normally aspirated (NO TURBO LAG) engine was likewise- custom built from scratch and features specially modified Bosch Mechanical Fuel Injection with 6 individual 44mm butterflies, Mahle 3.4 RSR pistons/cyls, and special twin plug heads and ignition.

The brake system is a modern factory version of RSR/917.

The body is all steel, the exception being the front(DP) and rear spoilers. Please see below for more details.

I have over 40 years of Porsche experience, over 35 years of PCA membership and an uncompromised passion for the Porsche marque.

This super-911 is being offered for sale because of untenable demands on my time and resources. Incredibly exhilarating and therapeutic to take on intense drives, this "ultimate escape pod" deserves to be driven and enjoyed to its fullest.

This project created quite a buzz at the '05 Porsche Parade(Porsche Club national convention) at Hershey- where the car was show grouped with Gemballas, Rufs, Carrera GT and other worthy supercars. It will make you a near celebrity at your regional Porsche club and local car show events. It will vault your image and more importantly-your outlook on life- as few other material objects can.

This 911RS starred in a full color, multi page feature article in European Car magazine during its early development and brought me international "street creds"(as well as some interesting engineering project requests and inquiries).

It has never been abused on the track and can readily be prepared for serious track use- Or.... just go forth and terrorize the universe with its awesome street performance. The ethereal engine shriek and overwhelming sensations give undreamed of realism to the classic Porsche ad line-"Like your own personal amusement park". I guarantee that the most mundane drive on a boring stretch of Interstate will become your own mini-LeMans behind the wheel of this 911. I am stunned and humbled by its performance, every time I drive it. The visceral assault of the senses will challenge your sanity. If you crave intense stimulation in life, this is your Rx.

But paradoxically, this 911RS is also surprisingly refined. The highly modified 330hp engine features absolutely flawless hot starts, cold starts and driveability. It is rugged and reliable because of highest quality components and precision assembly. The razor sharp throttle response-thanks to Bosch Mechanical Fuel Injection- puts carb equipped and turbo engines to utter shame and this Bosch race-derived system is reliable and easy to tune and maintain. TWIN PLUG breakerless ignition allows use of pump premium fuel (racing fuel not required) and contributes to incredibly smooth engine operation. The competition suspension has civilized, compliant ride characteristics. It can be driven as aggressively or gently as your mood or your passenger or ambient law enforcement dictates.

Attachments

• ad2539_img5_large_110.jpg
    ad2539_img5_large_110.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,124
  • ad2539_img4_large_138.jpg
    ad2539_img4_large_138.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4,124
  • ad2539_img3_large_111.jpg
    ad2539_img3_large_111.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4,124
  • ad2539_img2_large_167.jpg
    ad2539_img2_large_167.jpg