Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

That makes me wanna cry

slepy

13556361_4X.jpg

13556361_1X.jpg

13556361_2X.jpg

13556361_9X.jpg

13556361_5X.jpg

13556361_7X.jpg

I know that car (its pretty unique so I cant believe theres another)

Seen it parked outside Westons in Beckenham a few times (not for a while ethough)

Stuttgartmetal took some photos of it and posted on here and PH I think, though I cant find them at the moment

It used to have some very strange spoiler attachments on the front corners as well

The interior was/is an unbelievable sight and worse than the outside

I might have a look at it as I'm still looking for something to restore and this would be a dream come true really but not sure where I would find any parts for it.

EDIT:

It is a bit confusing to be honest because the auction house states that it is 1981 model and I thought that there was no flat nose convertible at this time?

slepy said:
I might have a look at it as I'm still looking for something to restore and this would be a dream come true really but not sure where I would find any parts for it.

EDIT:

It is a bit confusing to be honest because the auction house states that it is 1981 model and I thought that there was no flat nose convertible at this time?

Restore?

It would cost lots, way beyond the cars true value.

The car is a basket case from what Ive seen of it in the flesh, needs new everything (though I think it had an engine rebuild at Westons)

I dont know what its registerd as but it sone of the few 911s Ive ever tough would be better off if put out of its misery

I'll have another search for the pics before it was as bad as that

I have seen worse cars being restored, including 356 which is now simply stunning. All depends on the chassis because interior or body panels are easy to fix (if you can buy parts for it).

....an uneconomical repair/project(IMO)

You could spend £12-£20k sorting just the body!

Best to crush it.

If people only undertook economical restores we would be without a lot of important cars in fairness, not a direct comment about this car as it may not be rare enough to come under that umbrella (looks like a fiberglass flat nose?), but all the same.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back