Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 Turbo won't switch off !

qds

I can't stop my 1988 turbo, ignition off key removed and it still won't stop. Tried removing the charging bulb - still won't. Removed the delayed ignition cut off relay - bingo, started & stopped with the key so I ordered a replacement relay. New relay arrived today, fitted but the original problem remains
Relay connection reads Brown 0 volts, 2xRed 16v, Red/White 0v, Red/White 0v with ignition OFF.
Brown 0v, 2xRed 16v, Red/White 16v, Red/White 16v with ignition ON.
Any help would be appreciated.
Can I run with the relay off, will it damage anything long term ?

Thanks - Dave

cut out relay

Hi Dave
You need the delay relay to keep the turbo oiled up and I think the main reason it removes fuel pump pressure. I had an issue where it took 20 seconds to stop but this was a diode fault on the ignition light circuit (behind the light) which was wide open. It also took out the alternator diodes more than once. New diode and all works perfectly with 2-3 sec delay. Sorry I can't be of more help, I think at the time rennlist forum had some posts where people had no issues without the relay.
Best
Will

Update

Thanks Will, I've got it running with the delay relay fitted by removing fuse number 8 which according to the cover is for mirrors & heating control - both working with the fuse removed ??
I'm waiting for a wiring diagram before I go any further so here's hoping.
Thanks again, Dave.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back