Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good experience at OPC Belfast

Pablo Juan

Whilst over in Northern Ireland this week, the key (which had a hairline crack in the casing) to my 997 fell apart in my pocket. On extracting the pieces to put them back together like a jigsaw, typically, button 1 - which opens and closes the doors and sets the alarm was missing.

When i called Belfast OPC, the told me to bring the key in the next day, and that they would replace it and reprogram a new key for £144 (inc VAT). Which was a bit of a pain as I have a spare - it was just in England!!!

(To get into the car i had to use button 2 to unlock the luggage compartment and unset the alarm - but I am told if you do need to unlock the door using the key blade, the alarm will go off, but will stop when the engine starts)

I popped in this lunchtime resigned to the fact I just had to get a new key, 5 minutes later, the service assistant came out with my original key - helpfully, they had found a spare 'button 1' in a parts tray in the workshop, so simply popped that in - happy days.

Quite refreshing that they were happy to give me a quick fix for no charge rather than take £144 off me.

PJ

Good news :thumb:

But if I'd known you just wanted a button I could have sent you one!

7108.jpg

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

GT4 strikes again :grin:

No, genuinely, if that was me, I would have fashioned something from plastic or wood of an approximate initial size (so probably a shirt button or similar) and used that to press the microswitch inside.

... ah, who am I kidding? I would be down the OPC with my tail between my legs and cheque book in hand buying TWO brand new blades and fobs, just so I didn't have one that "looked a bit newer"!

Damn that OCD!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back