Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40k on a GT3, which one would you choose?

I don't know why I hang around with you wusses - a bit of inclement weather & you tuck them away unused for weeks and then moan about withdrawal symptoms. FFS, man up!

As James will confirm, mine is lovely & filthy :D

How did you boys get on today ? :?:

NXI20 said:
I don't know why I hang around with you wusses - a bit of inclement weather & you tuck them away unused for weeks and then moan about withdrawal symptoms. FFS, man up!

As James will confirm, mine is lovely & filthy :D

Yep, saw it with my own eyes, Nicks car would have done Colin McRae proud! But then again it was hardly a :whiteangel: in the first place :) :D

..What about the bloody car...lol :?:

I'm saying nothing beyond confirming that I told James to buy it :)

NXI20 said:
I'm saying nothing beyond confirming that I told James to buy it :)

...Good man...then did you do the right thing and offer to lend him the
money to buy it ??. Oh, by the way some time ago on another thread you
recommended Mannings for Insurance...you were spot on, there were very helpful,
and competitive. :thumb:

Senoj said:
this is a bit sad I know. But reading this thread about GT3's is giving me withdrawal symptoms. Mine is tucked up in the "garrige" and actuially needs a clean, not driven it for 3 weeks, snow, life, other car etc but I thought i would get it out for a "virtual" drive by posting a pic on here. At the same time giving Oze (and clinchy) a nudge to get a new car so we can all have a blast next year as soon as the sun comes out again!

GT3_07_10_BlackOne004_1.jpg
Didn't you have a white GT3?

oze172 said:
Paul GT3 said:
talking of good GT3's have you seen this one http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=2342
very much like my old 996 GT3 :thumb:

Been offline for a while and just catching up on a few threads....so, anyone know anything about the red Manthey 410 GT3 at JZM and any ideas on servicing issues/costs/Insurance compared to standard GT3? Although it's got what many regard the ultimate engine upgrade it's going to give me the debt of a small far flung country if it goes poop, is it worth it :?:

Thanks

Identical Servicing costs to the standard GT3.

The extra Torque of the K410 makes the differences.

However :
- if the Differential is still the original GT3 spec, it doesn't last past 25k miles (plates worn) and needs to be upgraded to the Motorsport Cup differential which costs the same as the OEM GT3 but lasts much longer, which costs £1k
- Manthey Exhaust Catalyst system only good for up to 25k miles and is a €2k replacement, but is the dogs bollocks when it comes to sound :)

nick w said:

I have a little "tweaking" to do before being able to do the deal. Hopefully I can work something out. It's a nice car, I think we would get on very well :)

....Thanks to Nick for coming along. Always helpful to have someone who knows what to look for as opposed to the odd "is that meant to be like that?" sort of comment.

911UK said:
oze172 said:
Paul GT3 said:
talking of good GT3's have you seen this one http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=2342
very much like my old 996 GT3 :thumb:

Been offline for a while and just catching up on a few threads....so, anyone know anything about the red Manthey 410 GT3 at JZM and any ideas on servicing issues/costs/Insurance compared to standard GT3? Although it's got what many regard the ultimate engine upgrade it's going to give me the debt of a small far flung country if it goes poop, is it worth it :?:

Thanks

Identical Servicing costs to the standard GT3.

The extra Torque of the K410 makes the differences.

However :
- if the Differential is still the original GT3 spec, it doesn't last past 25k miles (plates worn) and needs to be upgraded to the Motorsport Cup differential which costs the same as the OEM GT3 but lasts much longer, which costs £1k
- Manthey Exhaust Catalyst system only good for up to 25k miles and is a €2k replacement, but is the dogs bollocks when it comes to sound :)

Thanks, good to know :thumb:

nick w said:
Oh, by the way some time ago on another thread you recommended Mannings for Insurance...you were spot on, there were very helpful,

I'm also a happy Mannings customer, but I paid the little extra for unlimited mileage :)

oze172 said:
nick w said:
Oh, by the way some time ago on another thread you recommended Mannings for Insurance...you were spot on, there were very helpful,

I'm also a happy Mannings customer, but I paid the little extra for unlimited mileage :)

...You just mentioned that cause you knew that it would really bug me..
....and it did, suppose you had to get your own back in some underhand
way...lol :grin:

nick w said:
oze172 said:
nick w said:

...You just mentioned that cause you knew that it would really bug me..
....and it did, suppose you had to get your own back in some underhand
way...lol :grin:

haha, I did the same initially but soon ran out of Miles...only £100 to go unlimited at the time :viking:

oze172 said:
nick w said:

I have a little "tweaking" to do before being able to do the deal. Hopefully I can work something out. It's a nice car, I think we would get on very well :)

....Thanks to Nick for coming along. Always helpful to have someone who knows what to look for as opposed to the odd "is that meant to be like that?" sort of comment.

....Yeah, Nick's a bright lad (don't tell him though)...and he was clearly
checking out which parts of that car could be used to further re-modify
his...nice one ! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back