Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40k on a GT3, which one would you choose?

Wow and the current owner had the front to say this forum should not be trusted and gave us a kicking on PH :nooo:

clinchy993 said:
Wow and the current owner had the front to say this forum should not be trusted and gave us a kicking on PH :nooo:

are you kidding me, he has the nerve to give 911uk a kicking

I've spoken to terry in the past and he admits that he did a deal to buy the Polarexpress car from Ong for circa £45k for a 'straight never been crashed' car until he got info, armed with the truth he got the price adjusted down to the 'truthful it has been crashed big time' £39.5k!

what a ***** :frustrated:

[posted updated by moderator]

and this is the message terryb sent to me back in Jan

terryb said:
Hi Paul

Thanks mate. I have no time for him either as he told me a bare faced lie when I questioned him about the accident at Silverstone - even though I had seen the pics and it was Steve at JZM that told me the truth.. Ade gave me BS about it just cracking the rear PU.

I then told him I still wanted the car (Mike Wilds gave it the seal of approval after driving it at Oulton) but said basically that I couldn't trust him as he has lied to me - I asked him why he would do that and he must have felt like complete tw&t. I ended up offering him £5k less than what we had already agreed if he wanted to complete the deal (he was taking my CSL as part of the deal).

I ended up paying £39.5k which even with the history was one helluva price.

What did you buy in the end?

Cheers

Terry

when I enquired about the car I was told the same BS from Ade, that the rear PU was just cracked, not the fact it had been slammed into a concrete wall at high speed at silverstone, no wonder Ade got thrown off 911uk :lol:

Let's keep it on track (no pun intended)... :wack:

but like Paul said the PE is getting on for Cat D money now and that's a heck of alot of car for the money...

Stuart said:
Let's keep it on track (no pun intended)... :wack:

like Paul said the PE is getting on for Cat D money now and that's a heck of alot of car for the money...

he should be grateful that a place like 911uk exists. So in other words ***** decided to slag off 911uk after he failed to erase all past reference to it's crash history, *****

So on topic it's no more than a £35k car and possibly less subject to any mechanical wear at the higher mileage of the car

talking of good GT3's have you seen this one http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=2342
very much like my old 996 GT3 :thumb:

Paul GT3 said:
he should be grateful that a place like 911uk exists. So in other words ***** decided to slag off 911uk after he failed to erase all past reference to it's crash history, *****

So on topic it's no more than a £35k car and possibly less subject to any mechanical wear at the higher mileage of the car

talking of good GT3's have you seen this one http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=2342

And yes, I've seen that red MKII and it's lovely, has had some very nice upgrades and contrary to the PH thread I don't see it as high miles either... Sadly out of my range anytime soon...

Paul GT3 said:
are you kidding me, he has the nerve to give 911uk a kicking

I've spoken to terry in the past and he admits that he did a deal to buy the Polarexpress car from Ong for circa £45k for a 'straight never been crashed' car until he got info, armed with the truth he got the price adjusted down to the 'truthful it has been crashed big time' £39.5k!

what a ***** :frustrated:

:yes:

Paul GT3 said:

Been offline for a while and just catching up on a few threads....so, anyone know anything about the red Manthey 410 GT3 at JZM and any ideas on servicing issues/costs/Insurance compared to standard GT3? Although it's got what many regard the ultimate engine upgrade it's going to give me the debt of a small far flung country if it goes poop, is it worth it :?:

Thanks

Reliability will be fine. The bottom end can take 450BHP without any modification. Mannings are quite mod-friendly (I should know!) but my engine is standard. I can't see that it would load the Insurance too heavily but a quick call would confirm. Servicing is going to be cheaper than standard because the discs are going to last a decent amount of time.

Mannings seem like a good bunch...just sorted out my Insurance with them (moved over from Marsh/Aviva)
...unlimited track day cover big selling point. :lol:

this is a bit sad I know. But reading this thread about GT3's is giving me withdrawal symptoms. Mine is tucked up in the "garrige" and actuially needs a clean, not driven it for 3 weeks, snow, life, other car etc but I thought i would get it out for a "virtual" drive by posting a pic on here. At the same time giving Oze (and clinchy) a nudge to get a new car so we can all have a blast next year as soon as the sun comes out again!

GT3_07_10_BlackOne004_1.jpg

...Now you've really made me feel guilty. What with all that grit and filth
on the road, preceded by unbelievable snow..i'm rather embarrassed, and
ashamed to say i've only been out in mine once in the past six or so weeks.
You're right we do need a blast...i'm praying we don't get another dump of
the white stuff this week.

Not so sure that restrictive annual mileage was such a good idea :nooo:

Senoj said:
this is a bit sad I know. But reading this thread about GT3's is giving me withdrawal symptoms. Mine is tucked up in the "garrige" and actuially needs a clean, not driven it for 3 weeks, snow, life, other car etc but I thought i would get it out for a "virtual" drive by posting a pic on here. At the same time giving Oze (and clinchy) a nudge to get a new car so we can all have a blast next year as soon as the sun comes out again!

GT3_07_10_BlackOne004_1.jpg

nice Cortina sir, very shiny :)

With friends like you depression isn't difficult!

I'm working on it...patience
:D

I can hold out for a while yet. Look at the 'ring cam, not exactly enticing weather !! I need Darren to ammounce DN3 then I can book it and relax :floor:

webcam.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back