Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 for 15k?

orangecurry said:
Ant Blain said:
I would say the answer to this is dependant on what you will be using the car for; daily driver for £15k would be a 996 hands-down, and if you want to stick to that budget then I would recommend a mint 3.4 (996.1) over a tired facelift 3.6 (996.2), for the money.

However, if it's to be a weekender, I would probably say a nice 964 for £15k - I don't think you would get a tidy 993 that wouldn't need a fair bit of money spending on it for that budget, you would be looking at £20k+ for that.

+1

Achtung said:
A good condition 993 with sub 70,000 miles and a comprehensive service history is very attainable for £16 to 17K

Astonishingly unlikely - send a PM (private message) to Spongebobsquarepants, as he has recently bought a 993, and he may reveal the sellers circumstances and actual price paid; he has the most realistic and current information on the 993 market.

You need to think like a car dealer and have available cash in order to come to a position where you can buy at an optimum price...

Always remember that for a second hand Porsche being offered for sale privately there will be... (In descending order)

1) The advertised asking price

2) What the vendor wants for the car

3) What the vendor needs for the car

4) What the vendor will accept for the car

The shrewd buyer will aim to purchase the car by arriving at a sum of cash as mentioned at point 4)

So yes, a good 993 with a full service history and sub 70K miles is very achievable at £16,000 to £17,000 given the current economic climate and time of year.

Many dealers will pay less than the above when buying stock from private sellers.

Achtung said:
orangecurry said:
Ant Blain said:
I would say the answer to this is dependant on what you will be using the car for; daily driver for £15k would be a 996 hands-down, and if you want to stick to that budget then I would recommend a mint 3.4 (996.1) over a tired facelift 3.6 (996.2), for the money.

However, if it's to be a weekender, I would probably say a nice 964 for £15k - I don't think you would get a tidy 993 that wouldn't need a fair bit of money spending on it for that budget, you would be looking at £20k+ for that.

+1

Achtung said:
A good condition 993 with sub 70,000 miles and a comprehensive service history is very attainable for £16 to 17K

Astonishingly unlikely - send a PM (private message) to Spongebobsquarepants, as he has recently bought a 993, and he may reveal the sellers circumstances and actual price paid; he has the most realistic and current information on the 993 market.

You need to think like a car dealer and have available cash in order to come to a position where you can buy at an optimum price...

Always remember that for a second hand Porsche being offered for sale privately there will be... (In descending order)

The shrewd buyer will aim to purchase the car by arriving at a sum of cash as mentioned at point 4)

So yes, a good 993 with a full service history and sub 70K miles is very achievable at £16,000 to £17,000 given the current economic climate and time of year.

Many dealers will pay less than the above when buying stock from private sellers.

:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand:

I almost agree, but not at 16 or 17K unfortunately. sub 70k cars do not go for this money, and they are at rock bottom, this is based on extensive viewings and pricing over many months.

I personally feel 993 prices have hit rock bottom, the weather, the economic climate, christmas coming etc etc.

80-90k plus yes, and then there needs to be a reason why, i bought a 23K - 25k car and i didnt pay that, history and money spent, money needing spending shortly its one of the best, and a bargain, but a risky bargain.

A 16-17K 993 is almost certainly going to need a shed load spending on it, which means it isnt really that price, mine is an exception.

As another example the silver targa i listed earlier in this thread sold to the dealer at 17,500, thats the bottom dollar price for that car, now up for sale at 20, the dealer probably knows he will have to sit on it for a whilke though. Nice car but not sub 70K miles! Approaching the magic hundred.

One thing i would agree on, anyone willing to stuff 17,000 quid in their back pocket coulkd get the bargain of the century, but it will be a risk without PPI.

I bought 2 cars for stupid money, but got gazumped on both at he last minute, whilst considering a PPI, and i had put deposits on both! For everyone getting a PPI theres another who doesnt.

I 'bought' a mint 3.2 for 6.5K and got gazumped at 7, but that was a 10 K car, anyone looking buy now and take a risk....

Achtung said:

Yes. Everyone knows these things.

Achtung said:

No. Everybody buying at the moment knows this is not true.

A week ago I would have said point me in the direction of these sub 70K 993's for 16 grand. I've been looking for nearly 6 months and they aint been coming my way. I have seen a couple of 70K cars advertised for 20 grand and you wouldn't want them.
At the risk of opening up a can of worms, I keep hearing that tiptronics are way cheaper than manuals but I haven't found that out to be so either. But that could be because there are just more manuals to choose from.
I have just picked up my 993, It's a 70k car in excellent condition after scouring the country, I done a straight deal and bargained with cash, but I promise you, it weren't 16 grand

orangecurry said:
Achtung said:

Yes. Everyone knows these things.

Achtung said:

No. Everybody buying at the moment knows this is not true.

So you can speak for everybody then?

You know... The car trade is driven by different peoples perceived value for a particular car. For example A dealer would never ever pay the asking price as you did when you bought your car. But that is fair enough really! Each to their own!

Some will pay top money and imagine that they have got a good deal... Others will pay much less for the same car and KNOW that they have a good deal. This is what gives dealers and astute private buyers the advantage.

No, I'm not speaking for everybody, quite the opposite in fact.
I'm just relating my own experience over the last six months hunting for a good 993 with 70K and FSH.
Having said that, I did get a reduction of nearly nearly 20% off the screen price of my own 993 by hard bargaining and hard cash. but as I said, it wasn't 16K. I wish it was, then maybe I wouldn't have to sell a kidney.
Just gotta go round the block one more time before I put it away.

Citori said:
No, I'm not speaking for everybody, quite the opposite in fact.
I'm just relating my own experience over the last six months hunting for a good 993 with 70K and FSH.
Having said that, I did get a reduction of nearly nearly 20% off the screen price of my own 993 by hard bargaining and hard cash. but as I said, it wasn't 16K. I wish it was, then maybe I wouldn't have to sell a kidney.
Just gotta go round the block one more time before I put it away.

Sorry Citori, I wasn't refering to you, I was refering to orangecurry! :)

No need to apologise Achtung. If I hadn't been so stoopid and read the post properly, I would have seen you were talking to Orangecurry :wall:

Achtung said:
So you can speak for everybody then?

Yes - and everybody just on this thread for instance agrees :thumb:

But why don't you go out and buy one, just to prove me wrong, then sell it on at a profit! :thumb:

Should be easy.............

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back