Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1989 930

kiwi197

Monza
Hi

have fallen in love with the 1989 930. :worship: Anyone got one? what kind of pace did/do they have these days? read quite a bit about them but performance seems to vary!

cheers

I bought one 3 weeks ago, and it is easily the best car I have ever bought.

I haven't driven many other porsches so can't really compare but it is blisteringly quick in a straight line (not tried corners yet!!)

Mine is modified in and out of the engine but when last dyno'd (2005 I think) was putting out in the region of 340(ish) bhp.

I love driving it (even with a knock from the front top mount, which is being sorted) and it has put a massive smile on my face.

Go for it and enjoy! :thumbs:

I have had mine, for three years its still EVERY MILE IS SMILE.

I have a 1989 930. You can view it in the "garage" section.

In my view the 1989 version is the best 930 because it comes with the 5-speed box.

It is seriously fast. Although the top speed is only around the 160 mph mark it is the way that it gets there that is impressive. If you get one ask your passenger to try to reach forward and take something out of the glove box when your'e accelerating, it is not easy as he will be pinned back in his seat.
I find that it is incredible going uphill on a winding road then you can really feel the 300 horses.

Get one if you can, a real thrill to drive. A driver's car! :thumbs:

The four speed vs five topic will never go away.

I am happy with what I got. I looked at a few fives all in poor condition and silly money as well.

I bought on condition.

Both types will go up in value .

Enjoy what you have its classic Porsche.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back