Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40k on a GT3, which one would you choose?

anotherGT2 said:
I'd be buying the MK1 - Guards Red, Clubsport, what's not to like?

There has to be a reason it's been sat around for 6 months, so all may not be as it appears.
:?:

You gelled with your overgrown TT yet Gav?

NXI20 said:
anotherGT2 said:

There has to be a reason it's been sat around for 6 months, so all may not be as it appears.

It had a 'run in' with a kerb in last years snow, OS front suspension replaced???? Plus at that mileage and condition it's over priced.

All this is speculation. I have to agree that the MKII looks the best buy.

G, that manthey KW is nice, but given the choice between motons and KW I'd have to chose moton.

NXI20 said:
anotherGT2 said:

True, to be honest I didn't read all of the ad, just the top line. I just love the look of the MK1s, the wing is a piece of art.

Still getting used to the TT. The gearing keeps catching me out, 2nd almost seems too short, although when you get it right it's a pretty satisfying car to drive quickly. The 4wd still feels a bit alien to me, the way it puts the power down out of corners is strange when you can feel the front end digging in. It could definitely do with another 50-100hp to get it moving properly. I realised this yesterday when following a 599 down the A3 :D

Should've gone for the V10 :D

(They don't spontaneously combust any more, do they?)

Now the V10 really is a hugely overgrown TT !.....those in the know say that
although it's a bit slower (well, ok it's quite a bit slower)..the 8 cylinder car
is the sweeter drive..
Looking out the window 4WD looks like a whole lot of sense (well for now
anyway) !!! :grin:

Mk1...no mk2.....no mk1, feck it, just buy them both m8 :D
Guess it would come down to the drive, motrons and 6pots on mk2, full cage and those looks on mk1, thankfully i can't afford either just now :x

This just in theory or you??????????? hmmmm, c'mon, spill the beans Stu, you AND James going to the ring in a 3 next year?

Just bought the Mk2 with Motons....

Hi Chaps,

Largely because of this thread making me aware of it, I did a PX deal with my standard and confort Mk1 996 GT3 and the Red MK2 with Motons.

A little controversial...

Basically I wanted to get something that was more track focussed and was considering spending a fair chunk of cash on the Mk1 but felt that the Red car had already had a lot spent on it and mine had a value as a original and standard car.

Anyone in the market for a Mk1, I would be happy to chat re mine - only positive things to say about it.

So what are peoples views on Moton? Seems a track bias geo (what I wanted) but as I picked it up in -5 degrees, limited opportunity to have a proper drive.

Cheers

Simon

You sold the MK1 ?? :banned:

:grin:

Re: Just bought the Mk2 with Motons....

SimonClark said:
So what are peoples views on Moton? Seems a track bias geo (what I wanted) but as I picked it up in -5 degrees, limited opportunity to have a proper drive.

Congratulations & I think you've done the right thing financially :thumb:

I've got the new design 2-way adjustable remote reservoir Clubsport Motons in mine & I think they're just brilliant. You need to check what spring rates you have as they will reward using stiffer spings. For reference, I'm running 900lb/in rear & 700lb/in front. Standard GT3 is 650 & 450 so you can see how much the increase is. Jerome @ Moton is very approachable and can give you an indication of recommended springs for your intended use.

Start getting used to logging everything as it's amazing the range of adjustments each track needs depending on tyres & conditions. This year was a steep learning curve for me, but I'm now getting a useful set of base settings & understanding far better what the car will do if you change one of them. It's huge fun :grin:

Thanks and I intend on getting under the car on Saturday morning to have a good poke around so will check springs etc.

Daniel:- I love the mk1, more than the mk2 BUT I wanted something more track bias and managed to get into a car that's had a lot of money spent on it for less than the cost of the suspension..and its 5 years newer.

I know now that I've sold the mk1 they will instantly appreciate and they'll be £60k next year, meanwhile the mk2 will be £25k!!

Looking forward to learning a new car when the weather improves...

Cheers

Simon

It's an ad for Adrian Ong's old GT3 MK1 (the polarexpress). It's a Manthey K400 conversion & is well known both on here & in the wider GT3 community. It's got 68K miles on it & is up for £37.5K

Had some pax laps in it at Oulton with Adrien (as well as sideways laps with Nick on the same day IIRC) - it was well sorted then, can't comment on what's happened since but current owner is certainly an enthusiast.

Got to be worth a look :thumb:

NXI20 said:
It's an ad for Adrian Ong's old GT3 MK1 (the polarexpress). It's a Manthey K400 conversion & is well known both on here & in the wider GT3 community. It's got 68K miles on it & is up for £37.5K

so let's look at the facts

it was for sale by the previous owner Adrien Ong for almost 50k when it was claimed to be a straight car

but it was uncovered by the current owner through JZM that the car has been involved in 2 very big off's, facts hidden by the previous owner

a big off at the Nurburgring, repaired by Manthey

but then straight into a concrete wall of the silverstone pitlane at high speed, it was a miracle the car wasn't a Cat D at the time

how can he claimed it was repaired to a higher standard than before, WTF, you telling me a fresh chassis fro Porsche is not as good as a crash repair

so these are the facts
-----------------
With all the repair work the car should be valued as if it was a Cat repaired, although was never registered as one, still not a bad car for no more than £35k

[posted updated by moderator]

Attachments

• gt3crash2_1_123.jpg
    gt3crash2_1_123.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7,451
  • gt3crash_1_184.jpg
    gt3crash_1_184.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 7,451

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members