Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Revealed: the new 911 [997] Speedster!

That reminds me, I must get my bike out of that bike rack.

Graham, in a nutshell, the question is: would you exhange yours for this?
Thought not :D

I'm loving this new Speedster but of course, as already mentioned, silly price.

I am sure there will be a 997 GTS Cab fairly soon anyway.....

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
I'm loving this new Speedster but of course, as already mentioned, silly price.

I am sure there will be a 997 GTS Cab fairly soon anyway.....

~ Maxie

Erm, there already was:

Porsche-911-1491010311342571600x1060.jpg

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=57162

What makes it worse, you were the FIRST reply!

:?

Sorry, not for me... hideous great bulge of an arse...

Methinks Porsche's marketeers are royally taking the piss now...

How many more ridiculous variations of the 911 have to be made, at seriously piss-taking prices, before people realise they are being legally done over... :nooo:

I did wonder as I wrote the above whether I had mis-read/mis-understood your comment.

But, I'll let you off as you were probably prep'ing the 'Run.

I like the new Speedster, but it just makes me think I actually love the Boxster Spyder even more. Now why didn't i place that order? Oh yes, not got the funds - knew there was a good reason :?

Porsche-911-1491010311342571600x1060.jpg

Looking at that pic over and over. They really need to start shifting that engine forwards or fundamentally changing the engine design, as its starting to look a bit silly. :eek:

The thing that gets me with this is that if you want a convertible Porsche with no rear seats... why isn't this a 408hp Boxster Spyder?? I am sure it would be a better drive.....

Disco said:
The thing that gets me with this is that if you want a convertible Porsche with no rear seats... why isn't this a 408hp Boxster Spyder?? I am sure it would be a better drive.....

Simple - because they couldn't charge £144,000 for it...

Wattie said:
Disco said:

Simple - because they couldn't charge £144,000 for it...

:agree:

Not a whole lot in common with the original really though, is there?

Saw an original 356 Speedster for sale yesterday in Hamburg airport duty free shop, and in the flesh, it is nothing short of beautiful.

166k Euros....and if I had it, I'd have it.

Attachments

• porsche_356_a_1600percent20_convertible_d__168.jpg
    porsche_356_a_1600percent20_convertible_d__168.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 18,846

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back