Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Silverstone Supercars this weekend

Senoj

Was at Silverstone today. First race on the new layout I think, the circuit mods look good I thought, Bloomin' COLD! The 'vette caught fire at Stowe.

Those GT1's are pretty awesome, plenty of 911's in the GT3 class, not sure why the (le mans series) GT2's couldn't be running in the GT1world thing?

some pics

SSC0510047.jpg

SSC0510032.jpg

SSC0510027.jpg

SSC0510046.jpg

SSC0510007.jpg

SSC0510019.jpg

I was there too! Wish I'd thought to check if any other forum members were going to be there The new track layout seems to be pretty good, imho. I particularly enjoyed the GT3 and GT4 racing - more so than the GT1s, in some ways. There are some really interesting GT3 cars among the usual squad of Audi R8s and 911s - and here I'm thinking the Alpina B6 and the BMW Z4 - the latter of which has beautifully sculpted and complicated bodywork and ducting. These cars must costs an absolute fortune to build.

DSC_5749a.jpg

DSC_5828a.jpg

DSC_5833a.jpg

DSC_5850a.jpg

I was going to go as well. I'm close enough to just turn up (5 minutes!)

However, when I woke up and saw the rain lashing down yesterday morning, I chickened out and stayed at home and watched it all live on Motors TV instead - with real sound effects from having the back door open :D

Had I known you guys were going, I would have made the effort... :pc:

Let me know if any of you are going to any other Silverstone events... I sometimes have spare tickets, but will probably turn up anyway if I'm at home and know there are other 911uk members up there. :thumbs:

will do Wattie - i'm fairly certin to be going to the 1000kms later in the year and possibly something else in between

tim

tim993 said:
will do Wattie - i'm fairly certin to be going to the 1000kms later in the year and possibly something else in between

tim

I really want to go to the 1000kms, but have an agility judging appointment that weekend, so probably won't be able to :frustrated:

May end up doing agility one day and coming home/to the race for the other day. :thumb:

I will probably watch the 1000k and the classic.

Will definitely be there for the Classic... Usually get 'local resident' tickets for that one... :thumbs:

(However, we've always got them for this weekend's race before, but not this time, so maybe not :dont know: )

:thumbs:

Here's the winning car from the Saturday GT3 race:
DSC_5967a.jpg

GT3 cars have huge rear wings !!
DSC_5986a.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back