Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Juddery/Lumpy!

turbonick84

Hey folks,

My 1985 3.2 Carrera has been garaged most of the winter. Now that i've had it out a few times i've noticed a couple of things.

Firstly, it seems to be taking an eternity to start up, it takes turning the key with a fistful of optimism but it does start!

Also at low revs it seems a bit jerky/lumpy then fine above 2000rpm, never used to be like that.

If anyone could share any experience/insight it would be hugely appreciated as i'm not super mechanically minded.

All the Best,
Nick

Hi Nick
Well I'm not very mechanically minded either but my 88 930 suffered the same problem; taking almost 10 seconds to start when cold and then running rough at first up to 2,000 rpms and after a week higher up the rev range. My indie fixed it by replacing the dizzy cap, rotor arm and ignition leads (the latter because they were split).
Mine had been sat around on and off for a long time, but not sure what the exact problem was, but the above parts are very cheap and apparently easy even for the novice to replace.
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.
Good luck

Ben

I dunt know anything about the motronic system but if runs well at higher rpm esp under load it's unlikley to be ignition as it has a much harder time under those conditions. I'd be looking at a fuel pressure or idle regulator problem assuming the engine is good condition.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back