Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery charge

sanj71

What is the best method for stopping the battery uncharging when the car is not being used for extended periods of time? Is it best to disconnect the battery or should a trickle charger be used instead?

I have a solar power, trickle charger on the battery.

Hello go on Ebay, loads on there I paid £10.00 for mine.

Done. Cost me £20 as I couldn`t be bothered to wait for an auction to finish.

Assume you hook up to the battery or is the Cig lighter live on the 930?

Dream911 said:
Done. Cost me £20 as I couldn`t be bothered to wait for an auction to finish.

Assume you hook up to the battery or is the Cig lighter live on the 930?

Up to battery, lighter not live there are both types in the kit.

Do you know if these work ok if the car is parked in a garage that has some natural light (via 2 skylights)?

Will report back as to how I get on. Not quite the same set up. Its undera carport so not sure exactly how much direct Sunlight its going to get back it will get somesort of light.

Its a ***** i didnt think of getting one before my battery when flat. Stupid snow. Haven`t drive the car for a month and now i cant.

Only use a solar charger if you cant use a mains powered charger (eg CTEK). Solar is okay, but cant compete with a mains one.

I have a Sunsei solar panel sitting in my desk. I sold it to F1 Dragon, but he has never collected it from me, so maybe he doesn't need it. Feel free to pm him and ask if he wants to sell it on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back