Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My experience with the Softronic remap

gadgetJunky72

Montreal
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a Softronic remap from VividRacing and I thought I'd share my experience with you.

My Car - '55 (MY06) 997 C2S, ~67K on the clock, no modifications

This is the remap. I managed to get it for the 911uk price of £540. I've noticed its down to £599 on the website, I'm sure it was around £800 only a few days ago.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/softronic-ecu-flash-porsche-997-carrera-38l-05-p-25305.html

I spoke with Darren and found him to be very helpful. This is the first time I've ever 'modded" a car and I had loads of stupid questions that he was more than happy to answer.

The cable arrived from the US in about a week. The whole process of setting up the software / cable and downloading my original file (20 mins) and uploading the remapped file (15 mins) was a doddle.

When I first took the car out after the remap I was pretty under whelmed. This being my first experience of a remap, I guess I was expecting a transformation. Then I slowly began to realise that the car is pretty spectacular normally and it would be hard to make any significant improvements (especially for £540). After living with the remap for a week I discovered that the changes were subtle, but were exactly what the car needed. This is how the car should have been set up out the factory.

Here are my thoughts against the claims made on the VividRacing website for the Softronic remap:

Tuned Power – 389HP and 330ft/lbs – luckily I got my car onto a Dyno, before the remap, at the recent 911uk meet at Evolve. I'm hoping to go back to Evolve at some point to see if there are any power gains. I can't imagine I'm at 389HP for £540 though, but its not always about the figures.

Once the car is flashed, the low end torque and throttle response will be much improved. – the car is pulling better between 2K-4K revs in all the gears. I don't feel a difference in the throttle response.

The mid-range of the RPM band will feel stronger as well. – power deliver feels smoother and more linear than before. A couple of flat spots I noticed around 3.5K and 6K seem to have lessened.

The overall improvement of drivability makes the 997 Carrera even more fun then it was originally. – totally agree :D

Another great feature Softronic can add to your car is the Sport Mode. – my Z4 had a sport button and when I pressed it you could immediately feel a change in throttle response. I don't get this feeling here. Maybe someone with the Sports Chrono option can tell me if they can feel a difference when the sport button is pressed.

The bottom line is that for the price I would absolutely recommend this to any C2S owner. The only problem now is that I've got the tuning bug, but can't decide where to go from here.

I hope some of you found the above useful.

Cheers

Pav

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back