Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

luckly to be alive !

Sorry to hear this happened. But I'm glad your ok after what looks like a very big crash.

With all modern tech its easy to forget how much of a handful these cars once were. I know because mines a real killer in greasy conditions. With out ABS and traction control its easy to loose it with out even doing anything.

I fish tailed at the M25/A41 junction last winter thought i was a goner. Lucky it found grip and came back. Took me the rest of the day to unpucker

Johnny do you have any pre-crash pictures?

Oh man the pictures looks terrible, RIP 930. :nooo:

Health is priority though and I hope you recover quickly mate.

Regards
G

Elite Detailing said:
Oh man the pictures looks terrible, RIP 930. :nooo:

Regards
G

G, with all your expertise, surely you can polish that out? :grin:

Glad to see you're recovering, which I'm sure doesn't feel most important thing when you've just lost your pride n joy. :(

It's not much help I know but it's certainly better to feel like you've lost a limb than to actually lose one so I guess you can thank the car for that.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Rich

thanks to everyone for the kind comments
yes i consider my self lucky to be alive......... and to have so few injuries , here's a pre crash picture of her.......

gonna try to sell the awesome engine and parts so if anyone is intrested let me know and i can give you details

cheers

johnny

Attachments

• moo_050_901.jpg
    moo_050_901.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9,382
Ooooooooooh so easily done.
How did the slo-mo bit go ?
I remember once thinking mid crash, this is really gonna hurt.

F ck it, you are alive.

What went through your mind mid sermash ?

Pazuzu said:
Blimey, glad you got out of that ok!

Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.

Phil

+1 to that as well fella

Glad to hear you are recovering!!!!! Count yourself lucky mate those pictures look bad.

All the best, and hope a full recovery is imminent.

:eek:

That looks nasty, commiserations, glad to hear you will be fine.

Better to have loved and lost mate.

thanks again guys for the kind comments

and a question .......... are there any other good porsche salvage people i should be taling to .......... i am talking to douglas valley at the minute

thanks

johnnycool said:
thanks again guys for the kind comments

and a question .......... are there any other good porsche salvage people i should be taling to .......... i am talking to douglas valley at the minute

thanks

In view of the incident, have you spoke to the Pope !

Jonny, cant add more to what others have said, real sorry it ended this way but as you say lucky to be alive.

I do hope you'll return to a 911 :thumbs:

I remember you posting when you got her...here's the thread for anyone reading about your baby.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=410718

ok ok so i couldn't wait even though i can't drive for a long time yet i just couldn't bare not having one in my garage so here she is !

sept 1988 930 turbo targa
unusual blue fully loaded every option car
only 28k miles and full history !

cheers

:D

Attachments

• porsche_4_423.jpg
    porsche_4_423.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 7,384
another pic

Attachments

• porsche_inside_192.jpg