Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

luckly to be alive !

johnnycool

well the 930 finally bit back on a wet greesy road two weeks ago it fishtailed as i tried to correct but i could not regain control and became a passenger on a missile , I collided with a tree head on in the central reservation , luckly no other cars involved but the 930 SE flatnose is a total Cat B write off , I have been in hospital for the past few weeks and have to go back for sugery to my foot and ankle soon .

I have manged to get the salvage back from the Insurance so i may be breaking it for spares or selling complete the engine(highly modified EFI)/gearbox is undamaged but the rest is in poor shape

if the car had been rhd i don't think i would be typing this now

I will try to psot some pictures shortly

this is indeed a sad day as it took me nearly 20 years to attaint this beautifull car

don't kow where i will go from here but if anyone is intrested in the car or parts please get in touch

all the best

johnny

Sorry to hear of your incident. Glad to hear you are alive, if broken.

A flatnose indeed (if you will pardon the pun), a sad loss of one on the seminal models in the ancestry and evolution of the 911.

Blimey I dont know what to say except I'm glad you're OK, get well soon mate and I hope the future surgery goes great for you, shame about the car but at least you can replace that.

In the meantime just concentrate on getting back on your feet, and worry about all the details later.

All the best for a quick recovery.

Regards Zuffy.

Ouch, really sorry to hear that mate...

Hope you mend quickly - main thing is you're still with us :thumbs:

I think a lot of us have been quite close to that before... First time I ever drove a 911 I had a massive tank-slapper overtaking a gravel truck up a steep hill: If it had been down-hill or level, I may not have been here now either, as I'm certain it was the natural uphill decceleration, rather than talent, that straightened the car out eventually :what:

cheers guys

few pic from phone not very good

Attachments

• crash1_2_455.jpg
    crash1_2_455.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 10,492
another :-~

Attachments

• crash2_2_104.jpg
    crash2_2_104.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 10,492
blimey :sad:

hope you get back to normal soon, I'm still on recovery 1 year on after a 'ding'. Look forward to hearing about you replacement though once the intial shock and pain is sorted, least your on the mend thats the main thing, lucky chap

Good luck! :thumb:

brumbrum

Blimey, glad you got out of that ok!

Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.

Phil

Thank goodness you came out of that OK in the main.. easy to say but you can replace the car.

Hope you are fully fit soon Johnny

Absolutely gutted for you.....
I can only echo the rest.... The main thing is you're alive to tell us about it.
I hope it all works out for you....

RIP 930. :sad:

jesus h ***** christ dude, that looks a nasty wreck... good to hear you are OK if a little broken... :eek:

Very sorry that the car came to a sticky end, but I'm happy that you didn't get written off as well.
I left the road in a Caterham a few years ago after hitting a patch of ice, went across a ditch & through some trees, leaving bits of the car on the way.
Ended up in someone's garden in a steaming heap, wondering which bit was going to start hurting first - luckily I only had a cut cheek, although the car was a complete write off. I considered myself a lucky chap.
:eek:
Hope you're back to 100% soon.

On the one hand is sad that you had an accident and the car is destroyed but you need to be philosophical about it. YOU ARE ALIVE and that what is important. Metal (even a 911) can be bought or fixed. Your life cannot

Theo

Wow I had a little ding this morning where a truck carrying bricks dropped them all over the rd, I hit another car at 10 mph and a minor scuff to my bumper, point is I feel for you and how minor my situation was, get well soon!

I am pleased you were not to badly hurt.. So sorry to hear this.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back