Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"Low Oil Pressure" warning light

hamadl

Hi

I keep getting an intermittent fault which Porsche can't sort out.

Sometimes, after the car has been parked a few days, I get a "Low Oil Pressure" warning message when starting the car.

The problem is that Porsche say that the message is not found on their diagnostics.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks for the response.

Porsche say they won't do anything. Should I just change the switch or live with it?

The problem only occurs once every 30/40 starts.

If its under warranty keep taking it back until they fix it, if it isn't, then consider changing the sensor and see if the problem goes away.

Why dont you get the OPC to have your car for a few days so they can see the warning for themselves. If the car is under warranty & the OPC can provide video evidence of the warning appearing on the display then they could change the pressure switch under warranty.

Mine did this...carefully cleaned the terminals/connectors and the problem has never came back....not uncommon on 996/997's

Any resistance(ie poor connection) on the electrical signal can cause your problem....but so can a totally knackered switch of course.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back