Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ipod interface

so I have a Gen I turbo.

I popped into OPC today and they said around 500 quid fitted for a "Cable" to into the back of the PCM 2 unit that I have but it is compleyely controlled using the ipod nothing else.....is that right??

It seems to me the Dension 500 MOST unit is better for 300 quid compared to 300 quid for a bleeding cable which according to OPC will not show you anything on the PCM where as the Dension website says it will all show up on the PCM. The pics even show it ona Gen I PCM.

http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=11

the nice thing is you can get the bluetooth optional unit to plug into that too.

I think after the OPC visit today I'll be going down this route!!

P

My Gen II with PCM3.0 has the iPod kit fitted, and it's brilliant. The iPod cable has two plugs though, one which goes into the USB Socket and one for the iPod. If the USB isn't plugged in, the iPod doesn't charge.

It works perfectly and fully functioned with iPhone and Nano alike, via the head unit.

Thanks for that Indy! mine works, plugged the usb and the multi-pin round plug into the car. Charges and able to select songs on the pcm. How the OPC did not know this is beyond me :floor:

My Wife told me to do it... :oops:

(In fairness, I think the OPC guy told her though!)

Many thanks for that - seems to work on mine as well.
Off to compose a little missive to my dealer...

Edited to add that it worked well on a run yesterday, leaving the iPod fully-charged as well.

lp1967 said:
Alister

I've been away for a few days. Sorry for not responding earlier.

It was good to see your experiences matched mine somewhat, but with the exception of how your story concludes. None of my Apple devices charge and all are up to date software.

Any ideas?

:(

lp - sorry for the lack of response. I have been away in the US for the last few weeks.

Sadly I had more problems with the ipod discharging after I had it "repaired". Same situation as before. What I have found is that simply unplugging and reconnecting the cable at the car end, as against the ipod end, normally fixes it. I havent had time to got into it again in any detail.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back