Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Range Rover Sport for sale...

Wattie

I have an acceptable part-exchange offer for my Supercharged Range Rover Sport, but just thought I would stick it on here in case a member (or acquaintance) was looking for one and wanted to grab a bit of a bargain!

It is a 2006 (06) car, and I am the second owner (I bought it in March this year). It has done 43500 miles and has a full Land Rover Approved Used warranty up until May 2010 and MoT to April 2010 (the warranty includes MoT Insurance anyway, as well as full European Breakdown cover). The exterior colour is called Arctic Frost and the interior is Light Ivory, with a black dash and carpets (very important - as they can be green :eek: )

Supercharged Range Rover Sport has a 4.2 litre V8, with a Supercharger giving 395 bhp (0-60 in just under 7 seconds). A standard it has touchscreen sat nav, with TMC and voice activation, Bluetooth hands-free (upgraded to 2009 spec in mine), Harman Kardon Logic-7 hi-fi audio with aux input (for your iPhone, etc) and rear headphone sockets, electric heated memory seats, full leather trim and of course fully automatic two-zone climate control.

Technology-wise, it has Dynamic Response (active anti-roll bars for flat cornering), Adaptive Cruise Control (maintains a set time-gap to the car in front), Adaptive Front Light System (headlights turn corners), air-suspension all round - with access and off-road height settings, self levelling and high-speed lowering - and of course low range and Terrain Response to cope with just about any off-road situation. It also has a really cool feature (developed for the DB9) called Positive Torque, where there is an automatic throttle-blip on the downchange in manual or sports mode :thumb:

As I said, I have a part-exchange offer that I am happy with, but if someone wants to make an offer in excess of £26,000 and can pay for it before next weekend (Saturday 10th October), you'll be getting a car with most of the benefits of buying from a Land Rover dealer, but at a little less than private sale price!

PM me if you are interested...

DSC_5093.jpg

PS. It is no longer on that registration, as it has a private plate on (will not be included in the sale)

PPS. Nearly forgot a really important feature - a mini-fridge to hold drink cans and chocolate! :grin:

Keep up Rodders! Check thread 'back in the fold' and you'll find it's a 996 turbo!!!

I admire your optimism Wattie,

You own a Porsche for a long time,

Sell it and buy a Range Rover and run it for a short time,

Buy another Porsche

Then try to sell the RR on a Porsche forum

I think some people may read 'something' in this sequence of events,

good luck though, and welcome back, even though you retained a deserved 'honorary membership' throughout your absence.

cheers.

pirellipete said:
I admire your optimism Wattie,

You own a Porsche for a long time,

Sell it and buy a Range Rover and run it for a short time,

Buy another Porsche

Then try to sell the RR on a Porsche forum

I think some people may read 'something' in this sequence of events,

good luck though, and welcome back, even though you retained a deserved 'honorary membership' throughout your absence.

cheers.

No hidden agenda, optimism or anything... I've already agreed a p/x price that I am happy with, but if anyone happened to be looking for one it's an opportunity to buy a good one with a proper warranty, without paying dealer mark-up. :)

Lots of people have a 4x4 as well as their 911 you know... :thumb:

FWIW, if I could afford to have both, I would - the RRS is a fantastic car and on my regular trips to Gaydon I ALWAYS get there faster in the RRS than I ever did in the 911 - purely because of visibility and torque for over-taking. However, it's not so good for track-day fun and it's a bit daft doing 20,000 miles a year on my own in a 2.5 tonne gas-guzzler (especially as I have another perfectly usable 4x4 sat in a field on a SORN at the moment!)

before we get too far down the road of Pirellipete hates Wattie,

I was tongue in cheek posting that after long period of porsche ownership, and a short period of RR ownership, we can welcome Wattie back to the fold.

And the only 'Something' I was implying was that maybe Porsche Ownership is in your blood, etc etc, once you have the bug you'll never leave it etc etc.

And that it could possibly be concluded, well in my little mind anyway, that driving a Porsche beats driving a RRS, based on Watties' return to the porsche fold after only a short period of RRS ownership,

I was obviously very wrong, and misguided in my attempt at subtle inference and humour.

Nothing more sinister than that, nothing personal, nothing against RRS's or their owners, or drivers, or anyone else remotely associated with RRS's past present or future,

Obviously just a little post that in my mind had an element of frivolity in it,

The above statements are mine and mine alone, no other meaning, actual or implied should be inferred

If you are reading this in error, please just stop now.

cheers

pirellipete said:

The above statements are mine and mine alone, no other meaning, actual or implied should be inferred

cheers

:thumb: :floor:

:cheers:

More a case of what else is there with 4WD, sub-5 second 0-60 time, does 20+ mpg, cost less than £30,000 and can be used every day?

(Oh and handles properly, before all the RS6 enthusiasts come out of the woodwork) :grin:

pirellipete said:

I was tongue in cheek posting that after long period of porsche ownership, and a short period of RR ownership, we can welcome Wattie back to the fold.

And the only 'Something' I was implying was that maybe Porsche Ownership is in your blood, etc etc, once you have the bug you'll never leave it etc etc.

And that it could possibly be concluded, well in my little mind anyway, that driving a Porsche beats driving a RRS, based on Watties' return to the porsche fold after only a short period of RRS ownership,

I was obviously very wrong, and misguided in my attempt at subtle inference and humour.

Nothing more sinister than that, nothing personal, nothing against RRS's or their owners, or drivers, or anyone else remotely associated with RRS's past present or future,

Obviously just a little post that in my mind had an element of frivolity in it,

cheers

Just pat your bum and smile :grin

And as for Wattie and Wizz - Why don't you two just get a room :starwars:

if you are getting anywhere in a Range Rover quicker than a 911 you need to go on a sports car driving course! :hand:

964RS said:
if you are getting anywhere in a Range Rover quicker than a 911 you need to go on a sports car driving course! :hand:

Does your sports car have some sort of periscope then, that allows you to see over hedges and the roofs of the cars in front so that you can overtake on left-hand turns?

And does your sports car have a chassis that enables you to drive flat-out through pot-holes and over exposed ironwork, without causing £600 worth of damage every time, like in my C4?

On most public roads around here, my RRS would probably still be quicker - especially in traffic - than the 996 Turbo I am getting instead, but then that isn't what Porsche ownership is about is it?

But then, what would I know after only 8 years and 110,000 miles in 911s (and 6 months and 10,000 miles in a RRS :roll: )

...every car "is a winner" in some people eyes

Those must be big hedges and the roads must be an absolute disgrace in N.Bucks :floor:

Wattie said:
More a case of what else is there with 4WD, sub-5 second 0-60 time, does 20+ mpg, cost less than £30,000 and can be used every day?

(Oh and handles properly, before all the RS6 enthusiasts come out of the woodwork) :grin:

I can't let that go..... Impreza of course. :grin: :thumb:

...and an Impreza really does 'handle'.

(BTTT)

orangecurry said:
Wattie said:

I can't let that go..... Impreza of course. :grin: :thumb:

...and an Impreza really does 'handle'.

(BTTT)

Funny you should say that, as I did consider both a WRX and an EVO, but neither do the 'GT' bit as well as a 911. I was also slightly inclined towards them as my first motorsport love is rallying rather than any form of racing, but I don't want to drive a rally car every day really (been there, done that, had the painkillers...)

wizard993 said:
...every car "is a winner" in some people eyes

Those must be big hedges and the roads must be an absolute disgrace in N.Bucks :floor:

Err... yes, they are!

Unfortunately, I live right on a county boundary with a conservative council one end and a labour one the other... Neither will invest in the five mile stretch of road between the next junction in either direction: The surface is genuinely worse than the very expensive bit of test track they have installed at Gaydon to test new Land Rovers on!

There's actually one taxi firm that won't come to our village because they've done so much damage to their cars in the past :eek:

So, I'm anticipating new shocks being required on the Turbo at some stage - and probably a new splitter or two! Just hope I can keep the wheels straight this time, by tippy-toeing around the inevitable 4" deep pot-holes that appear after the first ice...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back