Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

removing exhaust tips

gadgetJunky72

Montreal
hi,

I'm trying to fit the chrome exhaust pipes onto a 997 C2S.

I've managed to free the bolts holding the standard tips and and am getting some wiggle, but the stupid things won't come off.

should i just give them a whack with a hammer?

thanks

Pav

I was going to take mine off to clean them but just getting the bolt undone was a task so left them on. Certainly on the PSE tip there doesn't seem to be anything else holding them on.

Use a piece of wood as a cushion when you tap them off and something underneath to protect the tips should they fall off. You'll go mad if they fall and the edges get damaged from falling off. :frustrated:

Pav

Try to heat them up and then follow the advice above

Theo

so i found another way....

loosen the bolts and then go for a drive and one of them will fall off on there own :wall:

gadgetJunky72 said:

loosen the bolts and then go for a drive and one of them will fall off on there own :wall:

:floor: We should write a practical manual. :)

gadgetJunky72 said:

My fault... When I said eat them up it should have said DO NOT DRIVE to do that.

Theo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back