Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Pressures

911NWG

My Targa manual says 44psi for the back tyres 285x 30x18xN4 and I humbly admit to doing that, my instinct is to have them at 36psi because it not as rough a ride at that pressure.

When I spoke to my tyre depot manager he thinks at 44psi, the middle of the tyre will almost certainly wear out faster then the rest, and with P Zero`s you have to get as much as you can out of them cos they cost a small fortune.

Any comments
Norrie

40 - 44psi my manual states to my rear tyres. I run at 40psi as 44 is for fully loaded car.

Well, I`m glad you run your tyres at lower then recommended, I cant see anything in my manual that says fully laden or empty, all it says is 36psi for fronts, and 44psi for rears

911NWG said:
My Targa manual says 44psi for the back tyres 285x 30x18xN4 and I humbly admit to doing that, my instinct is to have them at 36psi because it not as rough a ride at that pressure.

When I spoke to my tyre depot manager he thinks at 44psi, the middle of the tyre will almost certainly wear out faster then the rest, and with P Zero`s you have to get as much as you can out of them cos they cost a small fortune.

Any comments
Norrie

Under inflated tyres can dangerous to run, best to stick to OEM pressures

911NWG said:
Well, I`m glad you run your tyres at lower then recommended, I cant see anything in my manual that says fully laden or empty, all it says is 36psi for fronts, and 44psi for rears

It's not lower than recommended. It' 40psi for fast driving with no more than 2 people. 44psi for fully laden, i.e. luggage etc.

it also tells you on the driver side b pillar what to run them at.... but 40 psi is what i put them to on service

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back