Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE Fitted - Just got my car back!

Sport Button and PSE button

F16RCE said:
On the Gen 1 997 is wired into Sports Chrono but on Gen 2 997 they have a separate button for it.

Hi, just bought a used Gen 1 997 (2005) C2S with a button that has a little icon of the twin outlets of the PSE. This button sits left of center and is right next to the PASM button. Can anyone tell me if this PSE button also activates the Sport function (I don't see any indication on the dials)? If not does the Gen 1 997 C2S have the Sport function as an option or is standard? I do not have the Sport Chrono package.

i think the sport option is part of the sports chrono so if you dont have sports chrono then you wont have the sports button. That would also explain the PSE button which you have for the exhaust. If you had sports chrono then you wouldnt have the PSE button as it would be wired into the sports chrono button.

Hope that makes some sense!

M

Only Sports Chrono gives you the 'Sport' function and as far as I can tell when you have Chrono you don't get a seperate exhuast button well at least you don't on my factory option PSE.

You will know if you have chrono as you would have a lap timer slap band in the middle on top of the dash + obviously the sport button.

Just got my gen2 c2s fitted with the pse, sounds great, sportier without sounding like a boy racer.

I have unpluged the electric connector so it is permanently on (attached a photo for anyone thinking of doing it, push the metal pin in at pull), easier to do than I was expecting. However have a couple of questions, hoping someone may know.

1. My local OPC did mention an option of also removing the vaccum hose at the rear of the electrical connector, however I don't understand what this would do, any thoughts? I understand that you would need to cap the end of the hose.

2. I don't have the Sport Chrono option yet a Sport button has now appeard on my centre console along with the exhaust button, my opc have yet to explain this, I think my switch console has been ordered wrong (or I have someone elses). Have tried pushing it, appears to do nothing.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• pse_connector_961.jpg
    pse_connector_961.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 3,847
Im having mine gen 2 4s done tommorrow and cant wait. As far as the vaccum hose in concerned I used to do this on my RS4 and involved getting under the car by the back boxes, disconnecting the hoses by the actuators that open the flaps and making sure all holes were blocked. Pulling the connector in your picture is far easier. I thought that the switch should have a picture of an exhaust end? I know that was the case for non sports chrono'd gen 1 cars. Mine does not have sports Chrono so will let you know tommorrow.
Your engine looks filthy by the way, shame on you :lol:

Having bought my 997 with it fitted, I can't imagine not having it on a 997 2/4S

Wonderful option...:thumb:

Just had mine fitted and can confirm that the gen 2 pse with out chrono should only have the one button with an exhaust motive on it and not sport as mentioned above.

Thanks Baxster,

My OPC fitted the wrong switch panel! Correct one on order. Done 13,000 fun miles now, mostly on muddy Yorkshire A and B roads, engine lucky to be as clean as it is :) unlike the rest of the car, sport design alloys a ***** to keep clean.

I have a Gen 1 997 C2S with Sports Chrono and a Factory Sports Exhaust.
I have a Sport Button that when pressed makes the exhaust sound like a GT3 (it sounds good anyway) and sharpens up the throttle etc. It also puts the PASM in Sport Mode which is much harder for track days etc.
You can then turn the pASM back to normal and still keep the noise !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back