Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone in or close to Sheffield?

Nerra

Hello

I've just started looking for what will be my first 911. Ultimately I would love a 930 Turbo but they are a bit out of my league right now in terms of price so I'd like to try and find a good 3.2.

The problem is I have never been in one and don't know anyone with one (an older Porsche that is).

Is there a local meet or club where I could have a natter with some owners? I have been reading up loads on them but there is obviously no substitute for seeing them in the flesh and speaking to people who have owned them.

I would like to do this before I go and start seeing them as I don't want to waste people's time. I could go and see a really good one on my first outing but not know that its good and potentially walk away from a great car.

Any advice on how to go about buying my first Porsche would be greatly appreciated.

Warren

We're holding our breakfast meet on the 18th October here at Malton, not a million miles from Sheffield, we'll be on hand for advice and I can pretty much guarantee there'll be some 930s present.

Sounds like a good plan that Mark. I'll stick it in the diary.

I'm in Sheffield (S1/S25) and I have an '85 3.2. Happy to chat.

OllyAitch at Gmail dot Com

OllyAitch said:
I'm in Sheffield (S1/S25) and I have an '85 3.2. Happy to chat.

OllyAitch at Gmail dot Com

Thanks for the response Olly, I've sent you an email.

I should add that I also love the 2.4/2.7S from the 70's, but again, I've never been in one or know anyone that owns one so my love for them is based purely on looks and what I have read about them.

Mark, I'll definitely be going for a coupe but I'll be checking your site regularly for updates.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back