Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone fixed the buzzing from the glove box lock...

What frustrates the hell out of me is new cars rattling. After all these years you'd think they'd have worked it out.....

Right the other one I had.

Should say I believe this annoying buzzing noise is probably due to the retro fitting of the Sport Shift as it required the removal of the center console.

Anyway, the buzzing is on the other side to this image shown. By that I mean within the foot well of the passenger side, hence why it took a bit to find as you can't reach that area whilst driving. :puh:

You would be right to think that the carpet should cushion it but the noise emanates about 2" higher than the lower edge of the panel. Just another place for you to check if you have such a noise. :)

rattle_center_console.jpg

Passenger side Bose speaker cage thingy started this morning to vibrate, stops when I touch it. Seems to be on tight though. Maybee if I turn the volume up it will set it. Will soon be able to make a record of the different rattles. :frustrated:

It must be the suspension which creates the rattles as it is harder than saloon cars and this must have an effect on the trim over time. Having had nothing like this to really compare it against I can only assume this is the case. My previous Mini Cooper S was also hard and had some rattles after a while. (not as may as the porker though)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back