Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 408bhp 2010 limited edition 911 [997] Sport Classic

Chris W said:
Alwasy thought they should do something like this, would love to see a GT3RS WITHOUT big spoiler, that wide end reminiscent of the supersport/widebody specias we love.

Liking the Fuchs style wheels.

As others say price is stupid, may as well DIY.

SNAP - just what I was thinking - now I know what my 997 will look like - (when I get it!!)

DIY in 2010 - 30k for a 997S2 plus 1k for the ducktail spoiler. That leaves you with 100k for engine and suspension mods.

LOJO

this car is very cool indeed, but its only a carrera afterall, and pricing it as the top of the line Porsche (price tag is more than a GT2) is something I find it puzzling... If anything it should even be priced lower than the Turbo, maybe somewhere between the 2 GT3s...marketing glitch??

I still couldn't afford it if it was half the price! :sad:
Still think it looks absolutly stunning and if i win the lottery tonight i'll let you all have a closer look at it :D
Don't actually play the lottery so don't get too exicted guys

Just checked out the Porsche UK website and I quote
"A car like no other before it. A car the likes of which will never be seen again" :floor: Yeah, right until the 998/999 whatever Sport Classic...
But still gonna email them and find out how much for a set of those rims :D

And what's all this tosh "Unique Yourself"?? I thought unique meant one of a kind and aren't we all unique, even identical twins? A strap line more in keeping with the Japanese...

On a minor point, 997s are available to option on the configurator with just "911" script instead of Carerra or Carerra 4S etc

Another pic, beautiful arse... :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0217_l_111.jpg
    img_0217_l_111.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 18,890
I'm really taken with this car. I really do like it. Euro Lottery for me this week...

Stuart said:
Another pic, beautiful arse... :thumb:

Take an Early 997 C2S in white

Add Sport Classic front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, rear lights rear ducktail wing and the double stripe down the middle, plus those alloys.... could cost upto £10k

a Sport Classic at least from the outside for a third of the price ?

Sundeep said:
Take an Early 997 C2S in white

Add Sport Classic front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, rear lights rear ducktail wing and the double stripe down the middle, plus those alloys.... could cost upto £10k

a Sport Classic at least from the outside for a third of the price ?

Yup, http://www.jacquemond.com/indexuk2.htm

:?:

Attachments

• look7_161.jpg
    look7_161.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 18,809
  • look12_174.jpg
    look12_174.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 18,809
I've seen those Jacquemond kits for sale on eBay. IIRC, they are about £6k for a 996 conversion to look like a 997 (just as the example Stuart posted up - door mirrors and the rear wiper give it away). I'd probably start off with a base 997 C4 first before transforming it to look like a Sport Classic. Whilst I can't see a Jacquemond kit adding value to 996 conversions, would making a base 997 look like a Sport Classic (ie adding the ducktail, wheels, side skirts and front spoiler and possibly exhaust) add any value at all?

~ Maxie :?:

I need more disposable income!!

Any help greatly appreciated to my dilema! :)

David Rose said:
I need more disposable income!!

Any help greatly appreciated to my dilema! :)

I need small packages brought back from Bolivia on a regular basis.

All air-fares paid. Hours to suit.

PM me if interested.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back