Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobra Misano Seats

terryp88

After struggling for a year without success to find a comfortable seating position in the Porsche Sport Seats, I elected to install Cobra Misano 30's in my 2008 C2. I'm not a big guy, but for me the shoulder bolsters on the Porsche seats were just too narrow. I ended up with a neck ache every time I drove the car long distances. I also didn't like the way the headrest leans so far forward relative to the seat backs.

The Misano's were installed last week and so far I am very happy with the results. The shoulder bolsters are much wider and overall the seat holds me in place better during spirited driving. I also like the look of the seats with black leather, contrasting gray stitching and carbon fiber backs. The seats also have a release to tilt them forward so that I can get my kids into the back seat.

I purchased the seats from Sube Sports in Huntington Beach CA, and had them professionally installed by BBI Autosports (also in Huntington Beach). I thought about installing the seats myself, but after seeing everything they had to do, I'm glad I opted for professional installation. The fit is tight, but they work well. I have plenty of headroom and the seats are adjustable forward and back. The guys at BBI were great and did a fantastic job.

As expected, the airbag light went on after the install due to the removal of thorax airbags in the stock seats. I am going to the dealer later this week to see if they can reset the light.

Attached are pictures of the end result.

Attachments

• dsc05774_142.jpg
    dsc05774_142.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3,949
  • dsc05771_838.jpg
    dsc05771_838.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,949
  • dsc05769_182.jpg
    dsc05769_182.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3,949
Wow, they look the dogs danglies, and much nicer than standard :thumb:

Stunning.

Hope they are as comfortable as they are sexy! (although I would personally consider back ache just to have those seats)

Thought I would google them to see what price they were :lol: wow, think mine look just fine for now!!! :sad: Thought it was for the pair not each :floor:

sidlo said:
Thought I would google them to see what price they were :lol: wow, think mine look just fine for now!!! :sad: Thought it was for the pair not each :floor:

oh, now you say that.... eerrr so how much ?

Beautiful......why don't Porsche offer them as an option?

~ Maxie

Sundeep, they are approx $1700 each. So whats that 1200pounds ish by the time they are shipped.

They were definitely on the pricey side, but I wanted to get something that was comfortable and would match the car. I asked Porsche if they would sell me a standard seat, but the dealer said that they can't buy the seats from Porsche. The only way is for them to order all the individual parts, which would cost about $9,000. It was my mistake. This was my first Porsche and I should have test driven a car with sport seats. I test drove with standard seats and at the last minute decided to switch to a car that had the sports seats. Live and learn, but I love the car.

They sure look great. I love the cross stitching pattern!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back