Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Other options to PSE?

Silverstone
I'm wanting a sound upgrade for my Carrera S. Not sure getting the PSE is best bang for buck as I don't have sports chrono. Any ideas on good alternatives? Has anyone had a good exp with other brands in Gen 1 997s?
Don't really want to spend more thn the OE which I've been quoted at under £1300....no tubi for me :(

I'm more about noise over bhp as its not a track car but wouldn't sniff at 10-20bhp increase :hand:

probably the most discussed thread on here. the search facility on here under PSE is what you need to hit :D

Haha yeh realised after I posted it....maybe we need a exhaust FAQ :p

I like the sound of the Oettle or getting someone (trusted) to do the bypass but not sure if its 'good' for the motor or not. I'm not under warranty so its not a major issue.

I'm having a credit crunch moment and not keen to splash best part of £2k on the PSE. Got spare set of original exhuasts from a mate on here (thanks Mandeep!) and going to have them 'tweaked' at Hayward & Scott for £300 fitted. That way I can put my originals back on when it comes to selling the car.
see this link for someone else who's been down this route.....
http://www.porkers.co.uk/topic.asp?t=497002&f=48&h=11

Fraser - As long as it doesnt end up sounding better than the PSE - your more than welcome bud!

Are you sure you will get 10-20 bhp out of the exhaust ?? Does the PSE has an impact on the performance or just the sound ????

Yeh I know the PSE doesn't but a lot of other exhaust systems will add a bit of bhp....but that isn't my priority over a better sound
Sorry if i wasn't very clear! :oops:

Noone had tried before and after PSE fitted on a Dyno.
My view is the PSE probably give you a few more bhp which I don't think anyone will notice.
The reason is when the Mk1 Cayman S is on its way out. They did a sport edition which got the PSE on with no other mechanical mods.
Standard Cayman S=295bhp
Cayman S Sport=303bhp

If I have to buy a aftermarket exhaust, I will go for Remus. It is quiet during cruising but make great noises at idle and full throttle.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back