Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 2s cab flat battery

xps

Battery keeps on going flat, and it used everyday! Only replaced battery in december, went to start yesterday after not driving it for a day and completely flat!

Lights/nothing was left on. Anything I can check??

Do you have anything after market such as Alarm stereo etc or is just standard Porsche Equipment ?
It looks like you have a leak or a short somewhere... Is everything working as expected ???
One other thing to check is the alternator as it might be faulty and not charging the battery properly

Theo

Bad luck, I had battery problems in January, but a change to Halfords' finest resolved the problem.

There's a comprehensive topic on Battery problems on the 996 FAQ... worth a look:
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=33085

OTOH if it's a battery capacity problem, I'd recommend an Optimate charger to keep you topped up.

HTH,
Roy :thumb:

theogeor said:
Do you have anything after market such as Alarm stereo etc or is just standard Porsche Equipment ?
It looks like you have a leak or a short somewhere... Is everything working as expected ???
One other thing to check is the alternator as it might be faulty and not charging the battery properly

Theo

just standard Porsche Equipment

xps said:
theogeor said:

Theo

just standard Porsche Equipment

OK. The only thing that can be considered non factory standard is the VTS but I would start from the alternator. Have it checked in case it does not charged the battery properly

Theo

You should also probably have someone do a discharge test on the battery... it's the only proper check and it will eliminate that as a possible cause. :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back