Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new motor!

madst

As promised, pics of my new set of wheels. Picked it up last Friday and managed to put 315 miles on the clock over the weekend in the Cotswolds - what a treat.

I love the PDK gearbox - think it is awesome. However, as i avoid top revs, i have not experienced the performance in Auto sport/sport plus mode as i know it will take it beyound 5K revs in a neckbreaking kick-down but in manual mode it works a treat and that is the way i will drive it 9/10 times anyway. However, I do understand why some complain about the PDK gearbox in "normal" auto mode hence why i would stress - NEVER NEVER buy PDK w/o SPORTS CHRONO

The noise the sport exhaust makes is yet another treat - it really improves the driving experience (even more unplugged) - looking forward to hear it with full throttle.

Anyway, hope you like it - bet it looks similar to most of yours :wink:

Attachments

• dsc_1119_640x480_745.jpg
    dsc_1119_640x480_745.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 4,780
  • dsc_1120_640x480_164.jpg
    dsc_1120_640x480_164.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 4,780
  • dsc_1123_640x480_845.jpg
    dsc_1123_640x480_845.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 4,780
  • dsc_1125_640x480_320.jpg
    dsc_1125_640x480_320.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 4,780
Hi Mads

You have fine taste Sir - looks fabulous :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed the Cotswolds. We were also down there at the weekend (stayed in Chipping Sodbury) but unfortunately not in the Porsche.

Cheers

Mike

Superb car and a great colour :thumbs:

Congradulations! How nice! Same colour as mine! You will love the car even more once you run her in!

Note that you got the sport exhaust, what do you think about those tailpipe?

Initially, the sports exhaust tailpipes looked weird but it really had grown on me now!

herbie911 said:
Congradulations! How nice! Same colour as mine! You will love the car even more once you run her in!

Note that you got the sport exhaust, what do you think about those tailpipe?

Initially, the sports exhaust tailpipes looked weird but it really had grown on me now!

Initially, i thought they looked a bit odd and i preferred the gen 1 tailpipes (pipe on the inside was smaller). Now like you, i think the gen2 pipes look pretty good. The sound though is just amazing, well worth every penny.

Very nice indeed :grin: Loving the colour and the wheels :thumbs:

Initially, i thought they looked a bit odd and i preferred the gen 1 tailpipes (pipe on the inside was smaller). Now like you, i think the gen2 pipes look pretty good. The sound though is just amazing, well worth every penny.[/quote]

I agreed :agree: The noise is fabulous esp. when I start the car when the engine is cold. It is even better inside an enclosed space like my garage or a multistorey car park! Just imgaine driving thru a tunnel at 5000rpm+! When I go for my sunday drive, I just leave the sport button and exhaust on with the PASM normal.

Your car got very similar spec to mine :viking:
I will post some pictures once I get those chrome wheel bolt fitted! Enjoy!

Lovely mate! Best colour too :D

Sports Exhaust is a must - do you have it switched to always on?

Jamie said:
Lovely mate! Best colour too :D

Sports Exhaust is a must - do you have it switched to always on?

Yes, unplugged the exhaust the day after i received it. It gets quite a lot of attention when you rev it semi hard even just to the 4-4.5K area - wonder what happens when you rev it hard to red line :?:

unplug exhaust?

when you guys talk about unplugging the exhaust are you talking about having it in loud mode all the time? I have a 997 C4S cab with sports package and love the sound when in sports mode...can you get this constantly?

when in the on- loud mode
between 25 and 45 it goes back to the quiet setting, somrthing to do with swiss drive by noise regulations
you can unplug a wire in the engine bay that then makes it permanently loud

open the engine lid , look to the right hand side, and theres a brown plug unplug it and its done
or give me a ring and i'll talk you through it, takes a minute!!

:thumb: that will do me nicely too on the C4S cab....thanks :bye:

switch

we are on about our 4th switch for the vacuum bit. replaced it as it keep going into quiet mode and not going back into loud...

does it have to be working to turn it into the loud by unplugging the switch?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back