Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

water ingress in drivers side

a17thc

Hi folks,

got a 05 plate 3.8 s and when it rains I get water coming in from the side of the drivers side dash board. The water drips onto the Bose speaker. Has anybody come across this problem. I do have a sunroof and believe there might be a blockage in the over flow pipe, which runs down the windscreen pilar..

I have mentioned this to the dealer (the car does have a OPC warranty) and they advised that they have never had this problem before and suspect the windscreen is at fault.

Any help/advice welcome..

I picked up my C2S last Friday from the garage after suffering a leak. I first noticed the bottom of the drivers door was very wet after it rained and did not think much about it. It happened again and my initial thoughts were the door seals. However after the recent downpour I was cleaning the interior and noticed that the carpet in the rear passenger side was damp. I lifted the carpet to reveal a puddle and a very wet carpet which was a concern. It was also wet on the carpet under the rear seat and leading edge of the headlining.

I have a sunroof and suspected this was the cause so I booked it into my local Indie for a look and repair. It was indeed the sunroof and necessitated all the carpets and headlining to come out and be dried and the drain gullies blown through as they were blocked. Now after 12 hours labour and some £777 later all is dry.

sidlo said:
I picked up my C2S last Friday from the garage after suffering a leak. I first noticed the bottom of the drivers door was very wet after it rained and did not think much about it. It happened again and my initial thoughts were the door seals. However after the recent downpour I was cleaning the interior and noticed that the carpet in the rear passenger side was damp. I lifted the carpet to reveal a puddle and a very wet carpet which was a concern. It was also wet on the carpet under the rear seat and leading edge of the headlining.

I have a sunroof and suspected this was the cause so I booked it into my local Indie for a look and repair. It was indeed the sunroof and necessitated all the carpets and headlining to come out and be dried and the drain gullies blown through as they were blocked. Now after 12 hours labour and some £777 later all is dry.

Ouch :nooo:

Ouch indeed!! apparently this type of problem is rare, lucky me :frustrated: just glad I wasn't paying OPC prices :sad:

Bad luck.

Where are the drain gullies that were blocked out of interest?

Thinking that I had better go and check them!

A colleague of mine eventually traced damp carpets in his 996 to water coming in through a broken seal inside the door mirror.

Where are sunroof drain pipes??

Hi after finding a pool of water under the rear passenger seat I have stripped out rear carpet and seats.

Then put hosepipe on the sunroof of my 997 and the water started coming in again near where the rear seatbelt reel is attached to the bodywork.

I think i must have blocked sunroof drain pipes and I found these images below from renntech. I notice though by the headlights in these pix they are off a 996 so can I just ask if they are in the same place for a 997.

And a bit more help of how to find and identify them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart said:
Cornwallnewbie said:
Where are the drain gullies that were blocked out of interest?

Thinking that I had better go and check them!

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=8055

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=8774

Water Ingress

Hi, a quick update on this problem. It basically turned out to be a badly fitted windscreen, in fact, according to the windscreen fitter, it was probably one of the worst he had seen. The water was running into the back of the dash board and running into passenger footwell.

Happiness is a dry interior :thumb: , I know as mine was expensive to fix. :nooo: Now go and enjoy :Dance-Tap:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back