Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Suspension Failure

baldy

Silverstone
Must admit that I haven't searched the forum for other instnaces of this yet, far too grumpy, but.....

Yesterday, driving home along a road I know fairly well, nice smooth left hand bend, when BANG, very loud noise from the drivers side rear. Thinking I'd had a blow out, I pulled over as soon as I could, took a few deep breaths (re-tightened the old sphincter!!), and got out to survey the damage. A quick look showed all tyres OK, got back in and drove off.

Then i noticed the rubber on body, flapping noise, so pulled into a layby, to discover that all the tyres were OK, but that my car had a Cal look slammed suspension. The collar that holds the rear spring in place had sheared, and the spring had then jumped what was left of this, hence the bang I guess.

Has anyone else suffered this? If so, I'm assuming (hoping) that it's covered by the warranty? A suspension part shouldn't fail on a car that isn't 4 years old yet. Should it? The car hasn't been tracked or smacked, and was bought from an OPC last year.

What are peoples thoughts?

I won't go into the 3 hour wait for the tow truck, and the fact that my car still hasn't found it's way to the OPC yet, and just how bad Vauxhall Insignias are :x Or the fact that it happened 3 miles from my house .... :evil:

I haven't had this, but should be covered, should have been taken to the OPC of your choice immediately, and you should get a decent hire car (Merc C class / 3 series / A4) - I got a Chrysler 300C when my coil packs went. In the event they don't have a good car immediately available I believe they are bound to swap it for something nice as soon as they can resonably get it to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back