Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrofit Gen 2 PSE ?Group buy

interesting thoughts from 'speedy'. I did the deal with OPC colchester last year and everyone seemed happy that we had the best deal possible at the time.

Since then I've changed to 997 - albeit gen 1 - without a PSE so I'm happy again to talk to Colchester and see what they could do for another group buy. They were great last year with loan cars/pick up and delivery etc for, as Clive said, £1350 for 997 and £1450 for 996.

I'll talk to them and see what they can do for all inc the gen 2s.
cheers

speedy_un said:
Herbie911 - I assume from your post you aren't aware of the unplug option that makes exhaust permanently loud? See other posts on this subject.

Of course I know. An OPC will not do that for you! You void your warranty if they find out with their laptop that you had been messing around with the car!

Get off your backsides, stop typing nonsense in to this thread and get out there and negotiate with an OPC/supplier who wants your business and can build a relationship.

I already got my exhaust! Not sure who is typing nonsense! :x
I post to help other members who are comtemplating retrofitting one!

...wrong again Herbie, an OPC did it for me, and the OPC's I've been to have no issue with unplugging as it's silenced as part of an EU requirement and has no effect on vehicle as far as they are concerned. In fact they sort of expect it. Perhaps you should press a bit harder on the throttle?

Well done on buying outside of a group buy, and thanks for posting for benefit of those considering retrofit.

I can second no issues with unplugging it, I just reconnected it before the car went in for the warranty check.

I've had mine on permanent loud at all speed, and it sounds great. I had mine fitted with the last group buy from Colchester, and love the sound - what the car should have had in the first place. If you're deliberating, I can highly recommend it..

FYI Chiswick hinted they would have matched the price of Colchester. Worth a try just negotiating if not enough interested?

Ian 997C2

My OPC pulled the plug on mine from new before I took delivery. The salesman didn't even ask me whether I wanted it done - he just informed me they had done it as everyone wants it always on. No problem with that and have never regretted it.

Car went to a different OPC for service and some minor warranty work in March + they did a warranty check for me to put a new warranty on and didn't represent an issue.

You can still unplug the 997.2 PSE, right? My sales contact wasnt sure if that was still the case and they are fitting mine as I am writting this post.

This still has to be the case or else..... :dont know:

Hi all,
was hoping to arrange another group buy for PSE following the one i sorted last year.

Unfortunately as you've seen on other threads, the prices have skyrocketed for no apparent or logical reason - aside from usual porsche profiteering.

Last year we got 996 fitted inc VAT for around £1450 and 997 for £1350. The discounted price I've now been quoted from same OPC (so he knows he could get 6 or more systems flogged) is now £3640 and £1870 for Gen 1 :eek: (£2030 for Gen 2)

Could whoever mentioned that they could get them for £1500 shout!

I got 15% off PSE from Cambridge. West London 0% discount and Reading could offer 10% but interestingly mentioned that they are out of stock and I should not expect to get it fitted before Aug/Sep. Not sure if that is true but Cambridge managed to source me one pretty quickly, maybe one of their other branches (Lancaster Group) had one in stock?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back