Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First "real" blast in the 997 C4S Cab

wizard993

Donnington
Took the newly aquired car out for a good few hours last night.......very impressed.

It was wet but the car felt so well planted......it never budged once :eek:
Power delivery was superb with the tiptronic responding rapidly to the button control inputs.

I was genuinely amazed by the way Porsche have been able to make a cab handle so well and I can now understand and appreciate the claims(was sceptical) about 997 cabs being just about as good as the coupes. :thumb:

Looking forward to using the chrono on a trackday as I know that this C4S cab will go very well indeed.

It's not as "alive" as a 993/996 GT2 but it's a brilliant car/Porsche in it's own right.

2008, PASM/sports chrono etc, full two-tone leather, crests, wind deflector(works well), heated seats and heated multi-function steering wheel(red-hot on the bot:puh: ), red rear lights(400+ option :eek: ), satnav, tel prep, aux and i-pod connections. xeons, tip.

As I said, this car was a big surprise to me. I had little interested in a C4S cab but glad the wife has better taste than me as this car is wonderful to drive around the twisties/a-roads. It's way faster than it's 355bhp would suggest and I'd struggle to get my GT2 around my favourite twisties much faster(no chance at all in the wet the C4S has the upper hand) :D

In the wet(across the old military road near Hexham) it was simply incredible with the 4WD pulling the car around as if it was on rails.

One big driving aspect/feature I really like is the ability to shift the tip box from auto into sports mode just by pressing the buttons on the wheel and therefore keeping both hands on the wheel ...clever :thumb:

It also has the Bridgestones fitted(thankfully)

All I need to do now is spend time working out all the PCM gubbins via the manual...all 200 pages worth :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back