Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S Cab roof problem

tomkat

Hi,

I'm having problems with the cab roof - it has developed a mind of its own! It will go up and down several times, without keys in the car and without pressing the key, then often stops half way. Also, when you do press and hold the key you can get it to go up and close, but keep holding the key and the windows don't go up.

The only way to stop it seems to be to use the roof switch in the car. But, unless you're quick out of the car it can start again! I'm guessing at least the first issue has got to do with the key, but I can't see what the window issue is.

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks,

Tom.

I've got a car with gremlins too - affects seat memory and mirrors, and so far no solution although this may lie in PCM as this has 'crashed' a couple of times.

No problems with roof yet, but I can confirm that the windows don't go up when you close the roof with the key. Mine used to, then stopped when a software upgrade to PCM was applied - apparently. I've been shown manuals for later cars and they confirm this, but I'm not convinced - I'm sure it used to when I first got it, and not sure why a software upgrade of PCM would change this. Going back to OPC on August for further investigation.

Let me know if you get any better info!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back