Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hunting rev after mods

lbw001

Hi everyone....
My name is Leonard and I'm new in the forum....
I had my 997 carrera S for 2 years now before I did some mods recently.

I had full tech art aero kits, full exhaust including tech art catalyst and Gruppe M air intake. I also have softronics softaware installed.

I have been having this problem that my rev is hunting especially when the car is cold :sad: . This would happens for the first 1 minute or so before it stabilizes.

Anyone has this problem? or could anyone kindly give me possible solutions?

Thank you for your help. Appreciate it... :D

May be the ecu needs more time (miles) to adjust its map to cater for your new mods or theres a small air leak (split gasket) from when you new exhaust was put on. Possibly the air flow sensor correcting the managment, try with sensor un plugged and see if it does the same on start up. If not its a small air leak id guess.

Mine problems were on a Turbo so if the above on NA 997 is twoddle I apologise.

I experienced a similar problem on a 996 with new exhaust system, intake system and a remap.
Fault was traced to a loose blanking plug in the exhaust cats which subsequently fell out through vibration and gave the symptoms you quote.
Go over the whole exhaust system looking for loose plugs. Also check that the Lambda Sensors in the cats are not loose either, as this will add a liitle oxygen around the exhaust Labda which will interpret the mixture as being too lean and will cause the engine to fuel up giving the hunting.
Regards Big Bob :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back