Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Failure

terryp88

This morning when I started up my 2008 C2 coupe, the PCM screen displayed the following error message: "System Error: Navigation System, Amplifier Not Available." I've attempted to attach a picture that I took of the screen.

Has anyone seen this error message before and/or know how to fix it?

After this message was displayed, the Navigation System didn't work and I couldn't get any sound from the radio/cd player. The good news is that when I turned the car off and then on again, the PCM operated normally. However, I'm afraid that it could happen again.

Attachments

• pcm_285.jpg
    pcm_285.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 3,681
turning off the power is in effect a restart, worth keeping an eye on it, if it happens again time to take it back to your local OPC to get fixed (replaced)

Afraid no great answer for you - suggest on a 2008 car that the first thing you do is take it into your local OPC and ask them to check (and replace if necsssary)

I am aware that some PCM systems which have had this issue has meant that the PCM "ist Kapput". Make sure you log the issue with the OPC as it's under warranty and a fortune to replace.

I have bose in my 996 c4s and had the same problem.

OPC and customer services, tell me my Warranty of last September does not cover the PCM. But October onwards now does :x

Thought I would have a look myself .

Checked fuses 8/9 and they where fine, thought it may be the amp. Checked power was supplying the amp which was fine. But did notice the external cooling fan on the side of the amp was not running.

Going back to the fuse box, I ran through list of any fuses linked to the sound system. Noticed there was no fuse in row E - fuse 6. This is listed as "telephone info system". Plugged in a 15amp fuse and the PCM was working again!. The fan was not running on the amp, so I ran a new wire to a switched + supply to the amp.

It is all working again - don't ask my me why, but it works! :thumbs:

Lets see how I get on.....

MY PCM did this yesterday. It seems to be related to a seat memory/mirror issue (or loosely connected to it at least, as PCM runs most of these functions).

OPC had the car a month ago and couldn't find a problem.

I've sent them a pic of my screen (same as one above), and I'm waiting for a response.

Restart 5 mins down the road cleared the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back