Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 sim card

I use the Tooki phone on my 997 and it works very well. I bought my car second hand and the previous owner had it fitted. Good bluetooth connection and integrate very well with the PCM2 native features such as auto music mute when a call come in etc. also actively synchs the address book from my phone. this sets you back around £500. including fitting

http://www.navtv.com/product/30/bluetooth-interfaces-category.html

I bought another SIM from T-Mobile but that doesn't work either, neither does my original o2 SIM. None of them can find a network so not surprisingly I don't think much of the Porsche PCM phone...

sooty said:
I bought another SIM from T-Mobile but that doesn't work either, neither does my original o2 SIM. None of them can find a network so not surprisingly I don't think much of the Porsche PCM phone...

Sooty, I have just put a t-mobile sim into my 997 and it works a treat.

It initialises the SIM ok but then gets stuck on "Searching Network". The SIM's work fine in a phone so I guess the PCM is at fault. Anybody know if it can do any diagnostics? I have already taken it back to the dealer for some bodywork they "missed" and as it is 70 miles away it is a bit of a pain. As I don't use the phone I'm not that upset but it just annoys me it doesn't work

Sooty, I had a t-mobile sim which worked fine, which I then transferred to orange (to keep the same number!)

Must be something wrong with the PCM - I would get it checked out.

I actually find the sim system useful - if dont have my mobile with me, or battery is down - then I can always use the PCM - I've just got a PAYG in there!

But defly get it checked out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back