Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Satnav question

royd999

Hockenheim
I'm becoming slightly irritated by the current Nav DVD, since it's sometimes noticeably out of date. I'm considering purchasing an updated disc, but need to convince myself that it's worth the cost.

Questions:

1. Will the current gen 2 DVD work in a 05 plate gen 1 car?
2. Does a newer (Gen 1 or 2) disc support full postcodes?
3. Exactly how up-to-date iare the maps on a new disc?
4. Any other views for & against.

TIA,
Roy :thumb:

1) Not sure
2) Not on PCM 2.1, mine is 2007
3) Not sure
4) I think the cost is about £450 or something stupid and on that basis, I think it is a waste of money considering how much you can buy a portable device for. Don't get me wrong, I think built in Sat Nav is a must but my view is just to live within the confines of the software and mapping it provides noting the really high cost to upgrade. What doesn't make sense is Porsche must sell virtually no upgrades at their prices however if they marketed it at £100 per year then I would guess a sizeable number of people would bite the bullet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back