Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reshelled 7RS sold by OPC (Nick Whale Group) as mint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wattie said:
Over to Porsche to justify their action

If you are concerned about the way Porsche GB and the OPC are behaving why not email Andy Goss and say as much? Don't expect much more than the standard response which is that they will not discuss an individuals case but hopefully they will note peoples concerns - think it's called 'people power' :wink:

[email protected]

I'd like to see this story aired by Honest John in the Saturday motoring Telegraph. If it is as it seems, then I can't imagine Porsche would want this splashed all over the newspaper that I'm sure a good percentage of their current and prospective UK customers read. It may force them to take acton...

Wattie said:
I have to say that this story is the final nail in the coffin for me as far as 'modern' Porsche ownership is concerned.

There are good and bad dealers out there and it is the manufacturer/distributor's responsibility to ensure that they meet the dealer standards. When the dealer fails the customer, it is therefore the manufacturer/distributors to step in as required to deliver the brand promise - which is crystal clear in the case of a car on the Porsche Approved Used Car Program.

My lottery win car used to be a GT3 RS, but not any more: I don't care how good the car is, if the manufacturer can't be trusted to support me if things go wrong, I'll deal with someone who cares about the customer instead.

I sincerely hope that there is more to this story than we have been told... Over to Porsche to justify their action

I'm with you Wattie, however, what car will we end up owning if every manufacturer/dealer network has to be up to the highest standards we require? This is a serious question. Which marque would it be?

Pete Hadfield said:
I'm with you Wattie, however, what car will we end up owning if every manufacturer/dealer network has to be up to the highest standards we require? This is a serious question. Which marque would it be?

To be honest, I don't know of any other manufacturer that would behave this badly - I still can't believe that this guy has lost tens of thousands of pounds from something that should be a no questions asked full refund, plus some compensation and an apology from Porsche. :dont know:

I'm still hankering after a Lexus IS F at the moment for an everyday car and I know that Lexus are the BEST at looking after customers.

However, the lottery win car is up for suggestions again now :thumb: Maybe I'll start a poll :hand:

:coat:

andyc said:
Only one marque that i know of Pete and that's Lexus

My brother begs to differ and on account of the way he was treated and doesn't expect to be using them again (most likely will return to BMW next time around). Just because they don't get things wrong too often doesn't mean that they are appreciably better when they do. Silly thing is - it wasn't a major issue either.

Dealing with car companies in general was, is and forever will be a case of 'your mileage may vary' IMHO...

Funnily enough the best service i have had has been from BMW. They even took a car back when it was not quite the model we thought we had bought (nothing wrong with it, just turned out to be pre-Efficient Dynamics, when the sales person assured us it was ED). They were very apologetic refunded for what we had paid (even though we had put +2.5k on the clock), lent us a car free of charge for 4months (a good one) and healthy discount off a new one... Perhaps an extreme example, but it keeps me driving BMWs...

Disco said:
andyc said:

My brother begs to differ and on account of the way he was treated and doesn't expect to be using them again (most likely will return to BMW next time around). Just because they don't get things wrong too often doesn't mean that they are appreciably better when they do. Silly thing is - it wasn't a major issue either.

Not being funny or anything, but you seem to have a total downer on Lexus (or is it me?) :?: Your impression of their product quality contradicts all the evidence I've seen and now you're having a pop at their customer service - the only company ever to have headed the JD Power awards for 11 years in succession! :?:

Of course, all businesses are run by human beings and occasionally they have bad days. However, if it is a product issue, I know for a fact that every single problem escalated above individual dealer level, is investigated at the factory in Japan. Other manufacturers tend to only escalate issues once there is a critical mass with the same problem.

If your brother's issue was at dealer level and it wasn't reported to Lexus GB, it is hardly fair to tarnish the reputation of the entire brand if they weren't given the opportunity to respond... The problem in this thread is that the manufacturer washed their hands of any responsibility and I have never heard of Lexus being accused of that - ever.

Care to enlighten us on the detail of the problem?

Agree with Wattie here, he knows how I feel about their product, but their customer service and dealers are the best in the business. My mates mum wanted a RX300, found her spec in Leicester. They bought it and the local dealer organised for it to be shipped to Berkshire. On delivery there were a few scuffs on the wheels and piece of missing trim. The car was immediately recalled to the local dealers, the used car manager personally delivered another car to their house to tie them over while the car was rectified.

Car was returned to them with 4 brand new wheels & TYRES, a full tank of fuel and a huge bunch of flowers and generous apology. I doubt the treatment would have so good from zee Germans.

On a related, but done to death subject, I was at my local indie yesterday - they had 2 996 and 1 Boxster S in there with destroyed engines. The garage owner commented - the hardest part of these failures is answering the questions from the owners - why has this happened, this shouldn't happen to a Porsche etc. Then having to spend 12 grand on a new engine is just shocking and unacceptable for a brand of this standard :nooo:

:hijack:

Thought this thread was about Porche GB response to a customers predicament and not the merits of Lexus, Land Rover or any other manufacturer

:wink:

apw2007 said:
Wattie said:
Over to Porsche to justify their action

If you are concerned about the way Porsche GB and the OPC are behaving why not email Andy Goss and say as much? Don't expect much more than the standard response which is that they will not discuss an individuals case but hopefully they will note peoples concerns - think it's called 'people power' :wink:

[email protected]

I'm led to believe that Porsche GB read every post both on Pistonheads and here, so I'm sure they are aware of it.

You may also be amazed to hear that a car dealer does not by law have to inform you that the car they're selling is a write off,
They only break the law if you ask the dealer has the car been written off and he lies to you when replying.

many years ago i had a customer trying to PX a BMW with me, deal done, went to HPI check it , write off, customer obviously gutted i suggested he speak to the trading standards and RAC legal dept and take it back to the supplying dealer.

here are the replies

The dealer had it on sale or return never HPI checked it so he hadnt broken the law

the RAC legal dept, if you never asked the dealer if it had been written off theres nothing he has to do for you

Trading standards- best thing you can do is put the car in the paper and say nothing unless an enquirer asks you

This is one terrible story that's unfolding :sad: . If Porsche GB had any duty of care they would step-in here and quickly.

Yes I know all UK OPC's all operate franchises but Porsche need to take a grip of this situation and lead the way out of this.

It may well be that some new/existing OPC centres may have Porsche/Porsche GB as % share/stakeholders/investors so worth checking out?

* I would like to think OPC Leicester never knew and sold the car in good faith
* I've said repeatedly from my experience it's more than likely they only made the most cursory of checks when the bought the car and since it was never an Insurance claim there would have been no paper trail.
* However I assume you can't just pick up the phone and buy a Porsche bodyshell so someone somewhere in Porsche would/should have known
* So regardless of the above, if the facts of the thread are correct then I would have expected Porsche GB and the OPC Leicester to come to an agreement and make sure the customer never lost a penny
* But once again Porsche GB seem to be more interested in the profit margins than customer care - but then I supose they would since they have a bigger battle on their hands and need every penny they can squeeze out their customers now that they have VW parked on their lawn
* Bottom line is that the product is good (excluding those troublesome 997 Gen 1 engines) but the managment have taken their eye off the ball which means we could all lose out

Wattie said:
Disco said:
andyc said:

Not being funny or anything, but you seem to have a total downer on Lexus (or is it me?) :?: Your impression of their product quality contradicts all the evidence I've seen and now you're having a pop at their customer service - the only company ever to have headed the JD Power awards for 11 years in succession! :?:
If your brother's issue was at dealer level and it wasn't reported to Lexus GB, it is hardly fair to tarnish the reputation of the entire brand if they weren't given the opportunity to respond
Care to enlighten us on the detail of the problem?

Bit of a risk of a thread hijack here but I mentioned it as I was chatting to him about it only a couple of hours before reading here. I don't have all the specifics but to keep it short - his IS didn't have all of the spec that it was supposed to (Lexus changed the basic spec, but not their literature and website). It isn't something to throw toys out of the pram over as he got an amazingly good price on the lease (which was actually what swayed him in the first place as he found the 3 series to be a slightly better car), but he took it as far as he could between the leasing company, the dealer and Lexus and all they did was say it was the others problem and offer no recompense (all the time while their site was still wrong from what they were saying).

He eventually gave up on wasting his time over it and simply decided that he wouldn't have another - entirely his prerogative I would say. You don't have to go as far as banging on the door of head office with a lawyer to decide that you felt more valued as a customer somewhere else.

Frankly with their history in customer satisfaction I was even more stunned than he was - but that is the story anyway.

On the subject of the product I can only comment on the IS, which is very a good car that isn't quite as good (either to drive or in terms of the quality of the interior) as a current C Class or 3 series in my experience.

One thing I have to add though is that Lexus will deal like no other prestige brand - everyone I know who has ever had one got a great deal. My neighbour even beat his dealer down to price matching the cheapest available grey price on the internet that he could find when he bought a brand new RX a couple of years back (back when 4x4s were still fashionable - and yes he both still has it and other than the servicing costs is very happy with it).

Me - I don't have an anti-Lexus axe to grind, so yeah I guess that is just your read 8). Just wanted to point out that poor service can happen there too as being top of JD Power still doesn't necessarily equate to a 100% score :roll:

But once again - your mileage may vary ;)

EA07 VMC

Car resurfaced at Silverstone Auctions - Nov 2015

Chassis Number: WP0ZZZ99Z7S791393
Engine Number: 61727957
Number of cylinders: 6
CC: 3596
Year of Manufacture: 2007

with the following commentary

The 997 GT3 RS offered here today is finished in that particular shade of gleaming Orange, and is complemented by Black wheels, spoilers, decals and details. It's an original UK right-hand drive car completed on 28/02/2007 and supplied by the Porsche Centre Colchester to its first owner on the 03/04/2007.
The interior is trimmed with Black leather, Alcantara and suede and the Roll Cage is in body colour. Amongst the options selected from Porsche's very long Options List were Bi-Xenon lighting, a Top-Tinted windscreen, the Sports Chrono Package, Floor mats, and Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes with yellow calipers.
The mileage now is a shade over 27,750 and the car is MoT'd until 20/01/2016. A full geometry check and reset to 'Factory' settings was carried out on 02/07/15 when the odometer was indicating 27,107 and a set of four new Michelin PSs were popped on at the same time.
Earlier service details are as follows;
Minor Service 6,624 13/05/09 Porsche Centre, Leicester
Major Service
(incl plugs) 18,651 20/10/11 Porsche Centre, Leicester
Minor Service 20,208 06/12/12 911 Sport, Lincs.
Major Service.
(incl Plugs and Belts) 25,203 20/01/05 911 Sport, Lincs
Looking fabulous in sparkling Orange and Black, this head-turning RS Porsche has been regularly maintained and well cared for, and we feel represents an excellent opportunity at this guide price.

then withdrawn due to this history

THE IRONY: that the Nick Whale Group who ran OPC Leicester and couldnt care less at the time, are the operators behind Silverstone Auctions :eh!:

Attachments

• ea07vmc_105.jpg
    ea07vmc_105.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo