Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche VTS

baxster

Monza
I have just decided to not activate the VTS system on my new car. Porsche Insurance have charged an additional £58 vs the £200 annual fee so cost wise it is a no brainer but not important. What is important is the security aspect of my car. It will always be garaged with another car in front and I personally feel that home thefts are likely to be the most common so i am either going to be attacked in my sleep or car jacked. I guess if most people are like me they would not want their car back and would not buy a car that had been stolen recovered so from that perspective I feel I am doing the sensible thing.
Has anyone else got any different angles on the argument?

For another view...

Our cars are not taken by the run of the mill boy racer tealeaf..they are usually stolen to order.
These people want the car in good condition, they don't want it wrecked in order to fulfill the order..
They very often park the cars up to see if it has a tracker etc.. many times this is when the trackered cars are found and safely returned without damage- sometimes with the keys!!
Yours wouldn't ever be... :?

Again the criminal would be professional so a garage and car in the way isn't too much trouble and don't even think about the time your not at home with it :what:

Cost wise though I think your right, its not worth it...

garyw

garyw said:
For another view...

Our cars are not taken by the run of the mill boy racer tealeaf..they are usually stolen to order.
These people want the car in good condition, they don't want it wrecked in order to fulfill the order..
They very often park the cars up to see if it has a tracker etc.. many times this is when the trackered cars are found and safely returned without damage- sometimes with the keys!!
Yours wouldn't ever be... :?

Again the criminal would be professional so a garage and car in the way isn't too much trouble and don't even think about the time your not at home with it :what:

Cost wise though I think your right, its not worth it...

garyw
If its stolen Im really not interested in having it back. I have had 3 cars stolen in my Astra GTE days and they never really felt the same and I never had teh same passion for them, rather like a girlfriend or wife who has slept with someone else, you go through the motions but in the back of your mind you know someone else has tampered with her.
The other thing is and I dont know this for sure but if a car has been stolen and recovered with or without a subsequent Insurance claim isnt it still logged somewhere?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back