Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 - Wheel Bolts

Pete Hadfield said:
You paid about the right money but non Porsche, what were you thinking :?

Somebody will take them off your hands for sure

To be honest I didn't think Porsche would be this ***** about the warranty. :dont know:

wheelbolts ongoing

...adding to your comments it wasn't one of my best thought through plans either and I too thought there wouldn't be a problem re warranty..so I think mine will be going back - same as yours but the company in question are happy to take them back. I'm ** off.

Do the spacer sets come with new wheel bolts as a matter of interest? If so I assume they are 7mm longer?

You can buy sets which include spacers, bolts and wheel locking nuts. As I said they can cost around 270GBP all in. I was advised (I believe by Stuart) to buy OP spacers because they fit the best. I'm not entirely sure if there is a cost saving buying the set but you can ask.

There are a few different spacers from 5mm up to 40mm. The larger ones are for tracking with and and can't be used on our standard wheel arches. So I'm going for the 5mm ones but 7mm would also fit. You have to buy the longer bolts as it is unsafe not to.

Thank you Pete, Think I'll give more consideration to the buying of spacers before I jump in....

Regards

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back