Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MoBridge

ianramsden

Thinking of getting the Mobridge bluetooth and ipod kit instatelled in my 2005 997. JMZ said they have installed many without compaints.

Does anyone else have this system installed and how happy are you with it. I also need to check whether it affects the Porsche warranty.

Cheers

Ian

All I will say is check the warranty issue out as I have heard mixed reports on whether it does or doesn't invalidate it.

If you are going to get it, get it done at JZM as I bought one and tried to get it installed locally and the install failed so I now have a boxed unused item that I have decided not to install as the warranty concerns me.

ianramsden said:
Thinking of getting the Mobridge bluetooth and ipod kit instatelled in my 2005 997. JMZ said they have installed many without compaints.

Does anyone else have this system installed and how happy are you with it. I also need to check whether it affects the Porsche warranty.

Cheers

Ian

How much are JZM charging ? I'm thinking along the same lines as you.

Also did they say how long installation takes ?

Thanks

Si

The cost is around £400 although I need to check that...heard good reports about them

Wow, is that for both parts and fitting ?

Please report back when you get it confirmed.

Thanks

Si

hi,

i had the bluetooth mobridge unit fitted by JZM. no problem with the installation. it's fiddly to use, but no worse than dension units i've had in other cars.

the BT unit is ~£700 fitted, but well worth it if you use the phone.

PCM plays mp3's, why not use that and save all the expense & hassle?

I have it fitted (iPod & Bluetooth).

Not cheap.

Fiddly to use the iPod.

It only synchs 150 phone numbers (PCM drawback not MoBridge's fault).

But a damn sight better than dual SIM on the PCM unit.

I might be being a muppet but how does the PCM2 play MP3's?

I'm speaking with jzmachtech today so will confirm prices and fitting time.

Also, appears to be an alternative to MoBridge and will try check this o but it does appear more expensive as 2 units are requires (see link):

http://www.nav.tv/products/por-ipod?car=177

ianramsden said:
I might be being a muppet but how does the PCM2 play MP3's?

Ok Kermit :p ....just write them to a CD and stick them in the player. Can get around 5-6 albums with all the titles etc on a CD.

I had the Dension in my 996 (no PCM) and thought about putting it in my 997 but MP3's on CD's are more the adequate so don't need to use my iPod.

Bluetooth would be nice but I get by with the SIM in the dashboard and just have a quick divert on my Blackberry.

HTH

We had a Parrott CK3100 fitted to the 997 and I was very happy with it. Won't play IPods of course, but worked will with the mobile through the PCM.

We've just bought a different 997 from the Mid-Sussex OPC and was looking to get the Parrott unit fitted to the new car (despite its 'phone module). The OPC told me that if the car developed a fault that might conceivably be caused by non-standard connected electronics, then that would invalidate the warranty.

:sad:

Anyone interested in a lightly-used CK3100 kit? Yours for only £60. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
Roy

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back