Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I may have a problem already!

baxster

Monza
Picked up the car last Friday and on Tuesday morning checked my coolant level. The level was just below minimum. So per manual I topped up with aprox 1/2 litre of water and phoned opc to tell them the fluid has either leaked or not been checked, in any case its booked in for friday to check. Any way from top up yesterday to this morning the level has dipped slightly with no water on the floor. You cannot really see the state of the oil from the telescopic refilling nosil so is there an idiots way to see if there is an internal leak?
I checked and refilled both times in the morning so the car had been left overnight.
I also have a flat spot in 2nd at around 2500 revs which appears to be common. I do hope its not going to be a problem.

baxster,

I believe you top up the coolant by holding the car at 4.5k revs and topping up to the line. Not had to do this yet but am sure I read a thread that this the way. Something to do with airlocks. Obviously requires 2 people.

It does not say anything in the manual.
Its only an expansion tank so i cant see any reason to do it differently to any other car. But maybe there is some daft way to fill it up.

Yeah but if the system has run low then the air pockets will be there. Anyway let us know what opc say and ask them about revving and filling and report back.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back