Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remapping for 911 (997) Turbo

Dave said:
Forgive my cynicism but I smell Haddock.

What's your connection with the tuning company John?

Lol....I smell BS.

Even the warranty content from their FAQ on their website is BS -

"However we are not modifying the vehicle but simply replacing one part with another which has exactly the same safety features to protect your engine as the original. "

For such naive comments I would not touch them. I would expect most respected tuners would have the common decency to confirm that any remap would blow most warranty terms out of the water.

As for the OPC confirming that they would still provide the warranty and support it :floor: . I am sure they would take your money safe in the knowledge that they could avoid most claims :thumbs: .

After these comments ive contacted GCL Tuning ...

The Block Exception rules on the web site is nothing to do with the warranty ! this is factual information .

The warranty is underwritten by a company called Dim spot ...

also i have contacted my local dealer and have been assured this is the case .

As you can see this company are one of the best (very few warranted & approved) all though you may be drawn towards tuners on this site , this dose not mean i have to use the service's provided

I suggest you find the fact's before !

John

John_B said:
After these comments ive contacted GCL Tuning ...

The warranty is underwritten by a company called Dim spot ...

also i have contacted my local dealer and have been assured this is the case .

As you can see this company are one of the best (very few warranted & approved) all though you may be drawn towards tuners on this site , this dose not mean i have to use the service's provided

I suggest you find the fact's before !

John

I suggest you present the facts fairly - you are clearly confusing the position. Your original post was suggesting that the Porsche dealer would stand behind the factory warranty - this is clearly not the case and if you believe any different that I am afraid you are sadly mistaken.

Now you are suggesting the remap is warranted - what are the terms - WTF is Dim Spot? Who are GCL Tuning - they are not a limited company by that name.

Everyone is familiar with remaps and warranties but are interested in real life examples of what happens when there is an engine related issue with a remapped car that is under the OPC warranty :?: .

Let me guess - the OPC say go away as you have had your car remapped and therefore breach the terms of their warranty and Dim Sum say the issue is nothing to do with the remap so you are on your own....discuss :dont know: .

Ps - I had my 996TT remapped by Revo. Lots of reputable/supported Porsche tuners out there so no need to use a unknown quantity.

Good, :bye:

Did you get a similar response to the almost identical post that you put on the VWAudi forum.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back