Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Aero Kit?

sadams911

Hi,

Anyone know if Porsche are planning a Aero body kit for 997 Second Generation?

I have a C2S and have been tempted with the Techart body kit that has just been released:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2009/top-2009-TechArt-Porsche-911-Aerokit-I.htm

I would imagine fitting this will give me problems with my Porsche warranty and trade in value when I part ex in 2011 (I have a guaranteed value agreed with Porsche Finance to ensure I can hand the keys back if I need to).

Would rather stick with an official Porsche retro fit like the first gen one.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Steve.

I take it you have a Gen 2 car? My guess is that a kit is currently being designed along the lines of the GT3 Gen 2 version of the 997. No official line on that yet but when they do, it will be advertised just as it was for the Gen 1 kit when that came out a few years back.

I think you're right in that a TechArt kit (however nice they look) might void your warranty.

~ Maxie

Hi

In the process of buying 997.2 myself and asked the local OPC the same thing. Was told that Porsche have no intention of producing aerokit for gen 2.

Don't believe it myself and reckon they are waiting for the gen 2 GT3 to be delivered first. Weill, fingers crossed anyway

Don't belive it myself either, there is a thread on Rennteam forum even showing pics of the areokit!

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/index.html?vs=9 (don't think will take you direct to the thread but if you search for "PROOF of Powerkit, Paddles and Aerokit Cup! " in the 997 section it should come up.

It seems we know more than the OPC sales sometimes.

Well done on your purchase, thoroughly enjoying my 997.2, 7500 miles already.

sadams911 said:
Don't belive it myself either, there is a thread on Rennteam forum even showing pics of the areokit!

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/index.html?vs=9 (don't think will take you direct to the thread but if you search for "PROOF of Powerkit, Paddles and Aerokit Cup! " in the 997 section it should come up.

It seems we know more than the OPC sales sometimes.

Hope thats right. :) I was concerned for a while I would have to go aftermarket and then ***** up my warranty. :dont know:

However I sure my local OPC will still take me for an extended ride on the price for retrofit!

sadams911 said:
Well done on your purchase, thoroughly enjoying my 997.2, 7500 miles already.

Cheers....

Still got a bit of a wait before delivery but counting down the days...

Just checked out austrian configurator website - cannot speak the lingo but certainly work out that it mentions aerokit and nov 2009 - good spot sadams911! :worship:

A few questions...

How much is this ?

Dose it come primed or painted ?

Approx fitting cost's ?

Any help would be fantastic

John

Fair to say that your Guaranteed Future Value will be void for any aftermarket non-official mods. Even for an official modification you might want to check as residuals are generally set on cars in the condition they leave the showroom i.e. official mods don't always have a positive affect on future value.

I spoke to Techart in Liverpool a few weeks back, at the time they had no prices.

Will have a look at the porsche Aero Kit when it is released, I think you are right though Jamie, even the official Areo Kit may cause problems. For me though Techart is a non starter, I will only have the car for a max of 3 years and for my peace of mind I want a no quibble warranty with Porsche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back