Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen II & PCM 3

AH9999

Trainee
Well I've just swapped out my 997 Gen I C4S Convertible for a 997 Gen II C2S Coupe - wow, what a difference between the engines!

I've got a couple of questions relating to PCM 3:

(1) Can you play a DVD Movie (or MP4) on the PCM 3 - I've inserted a DVD and you can listen to it, but not watch it (even stationary with handbrake on) ?

(2) The PCM manual states that you can configure the light delay, automatic door locking, wipers, etc, etc from the Info screen (Options Tab) - these options don't appear on my screen (some others do for example configuring the button on the steering wheel) - does anyone have this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

I too have a Gen 2 C2S.

1. No, it will only play audio DVD's not video. In fact, I think if you put a video DVD in it actually just plays the sound.

2. You need sport chrono pack to have these setting in PCM, do you have it?

No I don't have the sport chrono pack - oh well, my dealer can re-code it for free :)

Yes I tried a normal DVD movie and just got the sound track - would be nice to have the pictures as well, I'm often waiting for a Ferry to France and waste the time watching films.

AH9999 said:
No I don't have the sport chrono pack - oh well, my dealer can re-code it for free :)

Yes I tried a normal DVD movie and just got the sound track - would be nice to have the pictures as well, I'm often waiting for a Ferry to France and waste the time watching films.

Can the dealer do that?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back