Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Faulty Brake Bulb need help

dazzpowder

Took the car out today and the bulb warning light came on the instrument panel informing me that the left brake light had failed.

I looked it up in the manual as I could not see any easy access and read that I had to take the car in to the OPC to have the bulb replaced.

Is this something I could do myself? the car is a 57 C4s is t by any chance covered under warranty? if not how much could they charge for something like this?

Thanks

:?:

Huh? Where does it say that in the manual?

My manual tells you how to take out the light and replace the bulb...!

Open engine cover
There is a phillips head screw that holds in the lamp housing
Unscrew it completely
Grab the lamp housing and pull...the whole thing slides out
Assemble in reverse being careful to put the lamp in the correct locking lugs

HAVE A LOOK HERE:
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=44065
try giving it a bit of a whack and see if that fixes it before dismantling everything!!

Very much doubt bulb is a warranty item. Having said that when I went to Porsche to buy a new headlamp bulb the bloke in spares came out and fitted it because he was bored.

I would imaging the "standard rate" is an hours labour £100 plus parts and VAT!!!

Doh...

OOps sorry skipped a page went straight to p242 'Additional Brake Lights' didn't realise they were referring to the LED brake lights. As you say it's all on p241. No wonder I couldn't ind many posts on the subject - thanks for the reply

:oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back